Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Scientific Copy Editor is integrated within a team of scientists to carry out scientific copy editing, organizational, and operational tasks in support of Foundation Medicine’s medical reporting process. Proofreading and stylistic editing enhance the creation of a high-quality, personalized diagnostic report for each patient. Close consultation with scientific curators facilitates the creation of a report that is concise, informative, and physician-focused.
• Proofread clinical report content for spelling, grammar, style, and overall quality.
• Perform copy editing and formatting of scientific content.
• Perform quality control of commercial reports
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to resolve technical issues and questions that arise during report preparation.
• Triage on-call requests directed towards the Translational Oncology and Clinical Reporting team
• Collect and analyze clinical reporting and operational metrics
• Execute QA documentation (e.g. non-conformance reports, memos, etc) as needed
• Complete additional writing, organizational, and operational projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 year of editing and/or proofreading experience
• Background or degree in the Biological sciences
• 2+ years of experience editing and/or proofreading experience in medical or scientific content
• Work experience involving scientific and/or medical communications
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Demonstrated history of creativity and innovation
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to values held at FMI: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!