About the Job
The Scientific Copy Editor is integrated within a team of scientists to carry out scientific editing tasks, organizational tasks, operational tasks, and literature research in support of Foundation Medicine’s medical reporting process. This position is responsible for the proofreading and stylistic editing of reports to enhance the creation of a high-quality, personalized diagnostic report for each patient. The Scientific Copy Editor engages in close consultation with scientific curators to facilitate the creation of a report that is concise, informative, and physician-focused.
• Proofread clinical reports for spelling, grammar, style, and overall quality.
• Perform copy editing and formatting for scientific content.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders quickly to resolve technical issues and questions that arise during report preparation.
• Triage on-call requests directed towards the Translational Oncology and Clinical Reporting team.
• Collect and analyze clinical reporting and operational metrics.
• Execute QA documentation (e.g. non-conformance reports, memos, etc) as needed.
• Complete additional writing, organizational, and operational projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1+ year(s) of editing and/or proofreading experience
• Background or degree in the biological sciences
• 2+ years of experience editing and/or proofreading experience in medical or scientific content
• Work experience involving scientific and/or medical communications
• Demonstrated history of creativity and innovation
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills that include written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Strong skills of analysis, administration, and problem solving
• Extreme attention to detail
• Ability to:
· Meet project deadlines
· Perform assignments with minimal supervision
· Work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
· Prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
· Handle multiple tasks at once and work in a fast-paced environment
· Adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to values held at FMI: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!