About the Job
The Scientist, Clinical Development is a translational scientist leading key scientific studies, from concept through to publication, focused on the growing portfolio of products within the FMI Liquid Franchise including genotyping and monitoring applications, and will report to Geoff Oxnard, the Global Medical Lead for the Liquid Franchise. The individual will manage scientific collaborations with key opinion leaders in clinical oncology and leverages real-world clinical datasets with the goal of driving studies establishing real-world clinical validity and utility of genomic profiling. The ideal candidate will be familiar with analyzing blood biomarkers such as circulating tumor DNA.
• Lead key manuscripts from initial concept to publication to establish clinical validity and clinical utility of our products.
• Conduct translational research to develop insights into predictive and prognostic biomarkers.
• Leverage FMI’s clinical and genomic datasets to link genomic findings with clinical outcomes.
• Contribute to protocol design and review for studies led by Clinical Development.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and prioritize key clinical studies.
• Ensure studies further broaden the adoption of FMI products.
• Contribute broadly to the conception and execution of conference abstracts and publications.
• Manage and establish beneficial collaborations with key opinion leaders in oncology.
• Continually develop deep domain expertise in genomics from a scientific, clinical and technical standpoint and lend insights to cross-functional teams to further the development of our products and strategy.
• Maintain availability to the wider FMI business for clinical development expertise, presenting information to scientific, medical, or nonprofessional stakeholders.
• Other duties pertinent to translational science as assigned.
• Doctorate Degree or Ph.D. in a life science
• 1+ years of clinical outcomes genomics experience in an academic or life sciences industry setting
• 3+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience in an academic or life sciences industry setting
• Demonstrated deep background in cancer biology
• Excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience in the field of genomics
• Expertise in translational research linking genomic biomarkers with clinical outcomes
• Experience with biomedical data analysis (genomics data, clinical outcomes, blood biomarkers i.e. circulating tumor DNA)
• Lead-authored publications, and demonstrated excellence in writing
• Track record of taking projects from concept to completion
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
• Experience with communicating with treating physicians
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Extremely high level of integrity and reliability
• Willingness to adhere to all applicable FMI Standard Operating Procedures, policies, processes, and compliance guidelines
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment where chemicals and reagents are present
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI’s values: passion, patients, collaboration, and innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.