Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Scientist, Clinical Development is a clinical scientist leading key scientific studies and supporting clinical trials, focused on the growing portfolio of products within the FMI Liquid Franchise including genotyping and monitoring applications. The individual will report to Geoff Oxnard, the Global Medical Lead for the Liquid Franchise.
He/she will manage scientific collaborations with key opinion leaders in clinical oncology. The successful candidate will leverage prospective and real-world clinical datasets with the goal of driving studies, establishing the utility of genomic profiling and supporting the overall product strategy. The ideal candidate will be familiar with analyzing blood biomarkers such as circulating tumor DNA to support innovative diagnostic applications.
• Develop and support clinical trials leveraging innovative diagnostic applications.
• Contribute to protocol design and review for studies led by Clinical Development.
• Lead key manuscripts from initial concept to publication to establish clinical validity and clinical utility of our products.
• Conduct translational research to develop insights into predictive and prognostic biomarkers.
• Leverage FMI’s clinical and genomic datasets to link genomic findings with clinical outcomes.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and prioritize key clinical studies.
• Ensure studies advance the strategic priorities of FMI products.
• Contribute broadly to the conception and execution of conference abstracts and publications.
• Manage and establish beneficial collaborations with key opinion leaders in oncology.
• Continually develop deep domain expertise in genomics from a scientific, clinical and technical standpoint and lend insights to cross-functional teams to further the development of our products and strategy.
• Maintain availability to the wider FMI business for clinical development expertise, presenting information to scientific, medical, or nonprofessional stakeholders.
• Other duties pertinent to clinical / translational science as assigned.
• M.D., Doctorate Degree or Ph.D. in a life science
• 2+ years of experience in clinical research and genomics in an academic or life sciences industry setting
• 3+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience in an academic or life sciences industry setting
• Demonstrated deep background in cancer biology
• Excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience in the field of genomics
• Experience with clinical study design and clinical protocol drafting
• Expertise in clinical research linking genomic biomarkers with clinical outcomes
• Experience with biomedical data analysis (genomics data, clinical outcomes, blood biomarkers i.e. circulating tumor DNA)
• Lead-authored publications, and demonstrated excellence in writing
• Strong track record of taking projects from concept to completion
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
• Experience communicating with treating physicians
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Extremely high level of integrity and reliability
• Willingness to adhere to all applicable FMI Standard Operating Procedures, policies, processes, and compliance guidelines
• Commitment to FMI’s values: passion, patients, collaboration, and innovation
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!