The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
• Work within an interdisciplinary team of molecular biologists, computational biologists, and software engineers focused on developing diagnostic products using massively parallel sequencing of tumor genomic DNA and RNA.
• Contribute to the development of new methods and algorithms to identify and characterize alterations in tumor DNA and RNA derived from clinical cancer specimens.
• Enhance existing methods, improving their assay capabilities as well as their technical robustness.
• Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of data for the development and validation of methods.
• Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies.
• Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Work independently and prepare timetables, deliverables, and project schedules.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's Deggree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field
• Academic or professional study/work with molecular biology and/or genomics
• Familiar with one of the following programming and scripting languages: Python, Java, R, or C++
• PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or related field
• Strong understanding of molecular biology and genomics
· contributing to a complex production analytical system
· developing algorithms for analysis of biological data
· with next-generation (NGS) sequencing data
· in cancer research, including a working understanding of computational approaches for cancer genome analysis
• Excellent teamwork, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to:
· work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
· present data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.