The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
• Work within an interdisciplinary team of molecular biologists, computational biologists, and software engineers focused on developing diagnostic products using massively parallel sequencing of tumor genomic DNA and RNA.
• Contribute to the development of new methods and algorithms to identify and characterize alterations in tumor DNA and RNA derived from clinical cancer specimens.
• Enhance existing methods, improving their assay capabilities as well as their technical robustness.
• Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of data for the development and validation of methods.
• Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies.
• Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Work independently and prepare timetables, deliverables, and project schedules.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's Deggree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field
• Academic or professional study/work with molecular biology and/or genomics
• Familiar with one of the following programming and scripting languages: Python, Java, R, or C++
• PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or related field
• Strong understanding of molecular biology and genomics
· contributing to a complex production analytical system
· developing algorithms for analysis of biological data
· with next-generation (NGS) sequencing data
· in cancer research, including a working understanding of computational approaches for cancer genome analysis
• Excellent teamwork, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to:
· work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
· present data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!