The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Computational Biologist on the Computational Biology Team provides computational, bioinformatic and statistical activities to enrich the analytical capabilities of existing products as medical knowledge advances, as well as to design and build lab protocols and computational analyses for new products.
• Work within an interdisciplinary team of molecular biologists, computational biologists, and software engineers focused on developing diagnostic products using massively parallel sequencing of tumor genomic DNA and RNA.
• Contribute to the development of new methods and algorithms to identify and characterize alterations in tumor DNA and RNA derived from clinical cancer specimens.
• Enhance existing methods, improving their assay capabilities as well as their technical robustness.
• Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of data for the development and validation of methods.
• Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies.
• Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Work independently and prepare timetables, deliverables, and project schedules.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field
• Academic or professional study/work with molecular biology and/or genomics
• Familiar with one of the following programming and scripting languages: Python, Java, R, or C++
• PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or related field
• Strong understanding of molecular biology and genomics
· contributing to a complex production analytical system
· developing algorithms for analysis of biological data
· with next-generation (NGS) sequencing data
· in cancer research, including a working understanding of computational approaches for cancer genome analysis
• Excellent teamwork, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to:
· work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
· present data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!