Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Scrum Master organizes and motivates Agile scrum teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in their projects, with the goal to provide exceptional business value to our Medical Reporting users. The incumbent is dedicated to leading the Scrum Team(s) by exercising strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills in managing multiple competing demands impacting the team(s). The role relies on a blend of traditional project management practices with an Agile development approach for FMI’s complex enterprise-level projects. This role, using the right balance of agility and predictability will help FMI be efficient both with new releases and with product enhancements that are transforming cancer care.
• Team Facilitation:
• Project Planning and Management:
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology, business, or mathematics
• 2+ years of experience managing software development projects with cross-functional teams
• 1+ years of experience leading projects using Agile methodologies
• Master’s Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology, business, or mathematics
• Agile Program Management Certifications, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional credentials
• 5+ years of experience using SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• 5+ years of experience developing software in a regulated environment, preferably FDA regulated
• Demonstrated experience using Agile Project management tools such as Jira/Confluence or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Experience overseeing geographically dispersed project teams with at least 10-15 team members including developers, business analysts, and quality assurance functions
• Demonstrated experience handling multiple tasks at once
• Demonstrated experience working within shifting priorities for successful execution of goals
• Balanced business and technical background, with sufficient technical knowledge to provide strong leadership of development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
• Demonstrable understanding of diverse software development methodologies, including Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Scrum, Kanban, eXtreme Programming, Pair Programming, and SAFe, plus the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit specific project and business objectives
• Competency with test-driven development practices, including inversion of control, dependency injection, and unit test frameworks
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies, and work environment
• Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!