Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Scrum Master organizes and motivates Agile scrum teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in their projects, with the goal to provide exceptional business value to our Medical Reporting users. The incumbent is dedicated to leading the Scrum Team(s) by exercising strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills in managing multiple competing demands impacting the team(s). The role relies on a blend of traditional project management practices with an Agile development approach for FMI’s complex enterprise-level projects. This role, using the right balance of agility and predictability will help FMI be efficient both with new releases and with product enhancements that are transforming cancer care.
• Team Facilitation:
· Lead and develop high performing Agile teams.
· Identify team commitments and execute upon initiatives to ensure that teams are delivering upon their commitments.
· Assist the team in defining goals and key milestones.
· Partner with the team in identifying and removing roadblocks and in leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
· Coach members of the scrum team as needed to optimize team efficiency.
• Project Planning and Management:
· Define project scope, plan, and schedule for regular and timely delivery.
· Organize and lead project status and working meetings at established intervals.
· Prepare and distribute progress reports on projects to applicable stakeholders.
· Manage risks mitigation and issue resolution as they arise.
· Address and correct deviations from plans.
· Manage expectations of cross-functional stakeholders, including senior leadership.
· Perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
· Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving that addresses details and maintains the ‘big picture’ view.
· Act as a point person for adaptation, improvisation, and finding solutions.
· Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
· Monitor program execution to ensure that all parts adhere to regulatory components and requirements established by The International Electrotechnical Commission, the International Organization for Standardization, Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory bodies.
· Represent the program to all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of delivery.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology, business, or mathematics
• 2+ years of experience managing software development projects with cross-functional teams
• 1+ years of experience leading projects using Agile methodologies
• Master’s Degree in a life science, engineering, computer science, technology, business, or mathematics
• Agile Program Management Certifications, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional credentials
• 5+ years of experience using SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• 5+ years of experience developing software in a regulated environment, preferably FDA regulated
• Demonstrated experience using Agile Project management tools such as Jira/Confluence or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Experience overseeing geographically dispersed project teams with at least 10-15 team members including developers, business analysts, and quality assurance functions
• Demonstrated experience handling multiple tasks at once
• Demonstrated experience working within shifting priorities for successful execution of goals
• Balanced business and technical background, with sufficient technical knowledge to provide strong leadership of development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
• Demonstrable understanding of diverse software development methodologies, including Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, Scrum, Kanban, eXtreme Programming, Pair Programming, and SAFe, plus the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit specific project and business objectives
• Competency with test-driven development practices, including inversion of control, dependency injection, and unit test frameworks
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies, and work environment
• Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!