About the Job
The Senior Analyst of Accountings Payable oversees daily functions, monitors weekly tasks and analyzes invoice transactions and supplier payables to ensure prompt payments and multi-system alignment. This position focuses on complex tasks with minimal supervision requirement.
• Manage day-to-day processing of accounts payable invoices.
• Resolve more complex invoice discrepancies.
• Handle sensitive vendor inquiries and reconcile more complex vendor statements.
• Prepare and process Accounts Payable weekly checks, ACH and wire payments.
• Review accruals and support month end closing process.
• Work closely with General Ledger, Accounting and Cost Accounting teams.
• Maintain and update departmental SOPs.
• Verify transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
• Create and schedule reports for analysis on quality review.
• Oversee and manage outstanding payment report.
• Assist with 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC reporting.
• Run monthly aging reports and research discrepancies.
• Analyze alignment between Procure to Pay system and ERP.
• Execute steps of the audit process as needed.
• Collaborate with Corporate Management peers and other stakeholders.
• Provide AP staff and end users with training and guidance.
• Perform root cause analysis of errors and suggest process improvement.
• Participate in Accounts Payable process improvement projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
• 4+ years of prior work experience with general ledger and procure-to-pay systems
• 5+ years of progressively responsible experience with general ledger and procure-to-pay systems
• 3+ years of professional experience:
• Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word and advanced proficiency in Excel
• Exposure to a Sarbanes-Oxley environment related to compliance, enforcement and education
• Demonstrated history of effective problem solving
• History of effective time management, organization, prioritization and multitasking
• Demonstrated attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong work ethic, motivation, and reliability demonstrated by examples of thorough work and meeting or exceeding project deadlines
• Strong collaborative skill set, demonstrated by creative and effective contributions in cross functional or cross-departmental partnerships
• Effective and clear verbal and written communication with both internal and external stakeholders
• Agreement to maintain confidentiality as it pertains to company information
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Collaboration, Innovation, and Passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.