About the Job
The Sr Analyst, Data Analytics in Strategic Insights & Analytics (SI&A) works with stakeholders across FMI to generate new and actionable insights to support strategy development, tactical planning, and execution, as well as develop tools to measure performance against these objectives. The incumbent takes a broad question and distills insights through advanced analytics, whether that be creating an interactive visualization, a predictive model, or using inferential statistics. This includes the ability to understand the challenges and limitations of the data and thinking of innovative solutions for manipulating and aggregating data in preparation for analysis. As projects are done in partnership with other team members and stakeholders, a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset is critical.
• SIA analytics activities including customer targeting and segmentation, field operations analytics, business reporting and tools, and incentive compensation.
• Develop and execute advanced analytical and statistical methods to answer a variety of business questions using multiple data sources and tools.
• Lead interactions with end users to gather business requirements / metrics and communicate value of the project or initiative.
• Proactively seek to understand business needs, priorities, and scope of work to continually refine and enhance our data analytics capabilities.
• Monitor and assess the effectiveness of strategic and promotional efforts, projects, and practices to identify opportunities to optimize the value of investments.
• Deliver reporting solutions related to performance management (dashboards and self-service).
• Continually seek to bring innovation and best-practices to SI&A’s data analytics capabilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (engineering, mathematics, statistics, physical sciences or a related field)
• 3+ years of hands on experience in the design and implementation of advanced analytics or quantitative science methods to support business operations and strategic planning
• Advanced degree
• Understanding of commercial data technology, including data visualization tools such as Power BI; familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com)
• Strong programming knowledge and familiarity with statistical methods (Excel, R, Python; linear regression, logistic regression, hypothesis testing)
• Strong eye for detail including QC processes, reproducibility, and logical reasoning
• Desire to learn advanced analytic methodologies including forecasting, statistical modeling, and machine learning
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues possessing varying technical backgrounds and can negotiate effectively
• Experience acting as a strategic thought partner to stakeholders
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.