About the Job
As a member of the Field & Business Operations team, the Sr. Analyst, Field Operations plays an important role in supporting the field sales team. The Field & Business Operations team is focused on field automation and enablement tools/technology, master data management /data stewardship of commercial data, incentive compensation plan administration and operations, field reporting and field operational support. This individual contributor partners closely with other members of the Field & Business Operations Team, with the Strategic Insights, Analytics & Enablement Team as well as stakeholders within the Field and Marketing Teams, Finance, Business Informatics, IT and beyond.
• Administration of all IC plans as well as the field awards and recognition program.
• Partner with legal and HR to ensure that proper documentation for field employees is captured and on file.
• Responsible for calculating and distributing territory goals using the methodology approved by leadership.
• Monitor any deviations from the quarterly IC budget and support leadership decision making on plan deviations.
• Run monthly, quarterly, and annual IC reports and partner with finance and payroll for execution.
• Create processes and tools to ensure compliant and accurate documentation and execution.
• Responsible for calculating the metrics to evaluate sales efficiency and productivity.
• Maintain accurate roster of field sales team.
• Ensure timely updates to field territory alignments in various systems.
• Ensure that accurate and up-to-date territory maps are accessible to key internal partners.
• Provide support for territory alignment related issues or inquiries.
• Analyze and communicate data trends to proactively understand and convey the meaning of trends, drivers, strengths, and weaknesses.
• Update weekly, monthly, and quarterly presentations with the latest business results and enrich the talk track with commentary and contextual insights.
• Design, develop, and maintain actionable global sales dashboards and reports within Salesforce.com (SFDC), Smartsheet, PowerBI, Excel, and PowerPoint to ensure relevant and timely visibility on performance.
• Identify and implement improvements to customer master data quality; identify variances and issues with data integrity to ensure proper and compliant data organization.
• Partner with marketing, field teams and Strategic Insights & Analytics to develop data reporting tools, templates and dashboards for field teams and biopharma partners.
• Support ad-hoc report requests.
• Effectively collaborate and partner with key internal data groups within FMI to achieve results.
• Triage incoming support requests.
• Independently manage your progress toward agreed upon milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability.
• Identify new and innovative ways to overcome barriers and obstacles and to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel internationally/domestically up to 15% of the time.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience in relevant Sales Operations or Finance experience in High Tech or Software organizations
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
• Experience in Oncology or Diagnostics
• 3+ years of relevant experience with incentive compensation administration within a commercial or field operations function within the pharma, biotech, or diagnostics industry
• 5+ years of relevant Sales Operations or Finance experience in High Tech or Software organizations
• 3+ years of experience working on Salesforce.com, Veeva, Dynamics, and/or comparable CRM and CRM tools; CRM administrator
• Experience with SQL, Tableau and/or other BI tools
• Successful track record of synthesizing large quantities of data within Excel and concisely summarizing insights in PowerPoint
• Advanced organizational and computer skills (including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a solid process orientation
• Strong sense of responsibility and demonstrated initiative to identify problems, issues, and symptoms within the assigned area of responsibility
• Demonstrated ability to:
• use time effectively and prioritize, as well as, work on multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
• apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, and translation of solutions to business value
• tell the business story through summarizing your data findings and contextual insights
• communicate effectively with multiple departments/stakeholders in a healthcare company such as, but not limited to, multiple field teams, marketing, field operations, IT, business operations, and compliance/legal
• work both independently and cross functionally as part of a team
• lean in and manage through change
• stay resilient dealing with delays or roadblocks that might emerge when trying to achieve results
• Demonstrated written and verbal presentation skills to present insights and compelling recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience
• Flexibility to wear multiple hats and switch gears quickly (e.g., from strategy to insights to tactical operations)
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.