Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Senior Business Analyst works directly with stakeholders, serves in both Business Analyst and Project Manager roles, and is able to communicate effectively via phone and web conferencing. This role is responsible for delivering clear business requirements via various methods including MSWord, with an emphasis on MS Visio. The incumbent works within a large enterprise environment across multiple teams to implement software technology solutions and partners with System Integrators for project execution.
• Eliminate ambiguity and effectively communicate issues and outages to business stakeholders.
• Actively listen and guide internal debates fostering transparency.
• Responsible for workflow diagrams on all activities.
• Align team priorities with department and company goals.
• Drive continuous service improvement.
• Demonstrate awareness of team priorities and assists with adjusting team focus, as needed.
• Comprehend platform and speak to its current and potential attributes.
• Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Responsible for executing OKR’s.
• Quality output is a primary focus.
• Demonstrate cross collaboration across Technology.
• Actively involved in recruiting.
• Assist with retaining high-performing Business Analysts on the team.
• Thorough comprehension of the full lifecycle of business workflows.
• Expert level execution of diagraming business workflows.
• Act as role model and mentor to junior engineers.
• Offer actionable and helpful feedback to others.
• Effectively communicate across teams and departments.
• Accountable for timely responses and status updates to team, stakeholders, and management.
• Act as point of escalation to internal management.
• Eliminate ambiguity with issues or enhancements.
• Identify high priority workflows, business units, and stakeholders.
• Develop written plans for all activities.
• Support enterprise level events.
• Demonstrate leadership, initiative, creativity, commitment.
• Represent company at major industry events.
• Help drive a transparent and collaborative culture.
• Travel locally up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, management information systems, or related field
• 5+ years of experience as a Business Analysts in a large enterprise environment
• 1+ year(s) of experience working with ServiceNow
• ITIL certification
• Experience in SharePoint for project document storage and organization
• Well-versed with both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
• Experience writing Functional Specifications and preparing training materials
• Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, multi-task, and adapt to changes quickly
• Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements to technical action items
• Demonstrated understanding of upstream and downstream impact of workflows
• Self-sufficient in executing a standard workflow from beginning to end
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and time management
• Understanding of HIPAA, and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!