Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Senior Cloud Engineer on the Cloud Solutions and Architecture Team is responsible for collaborating to develop a variety of complex long-term engineering projects involving multiple disciplines across different business units. The role works on the design, delivery and productionizing of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment as well as all aspects of FMI’s design, provision, deployment, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of the platform. The role has similar duties to the Cloud Engineer, but also leverages advanced knowledge in supporting solutions and is available to mentor less experienced team members.
• Execute initiatives to improve cloud applications via design and operational resiliency.
• Evaluates new cloud services and tools in order to create scorecards and proposals
• Lead research efforts for new technology and how to effectively and elegantly integrate them into FMI’s existing enterprise platform.
• Assist development teams with application and infrastructure from initial design to production deployment.
• Write, test, and refactor Infrastructure as code that adheres to patterns and standards.
• Write, test, and refactor code that is reusable, testable, efficient, well architected, and well commented.
• Maintain uptime on all systems while making improvements to system features and usability.
• Work with FMI’s Development and Operations teams to streamline continuous integration and deployments of internal applications.
• Partner across Technology subteams to maintain best practices and integrate post-deployment automated testing.
• Architect and implement solutions to streamline business processes that achieve company goals more effectively and efficiently.
• Operationalize cloud applications and cloud infrastructure with processes and documentation.
• Instantiate automation scripts.
• Deliver solutions using Agile methodology.
• Provide mentorship to Cloud Engineers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of professional information technology experience in lieu of a degree, AND
• 3+ years of experience in Linux or Windows Systems Engineering, including 2+ years of project work experience using or related to Amazon Web Services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 5+ years of experience in Linux or Windows Systems Engineering and cloud computing
• 3+ years of bash scripting experience
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Experience in managing or designing cloud deployment software
• Working knowledge of:
· Cloud architecture, networking, system administration, and security best practices
· Both Linux (RHEL and CentOS) and Windows environments
· Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Block Store (EBS), and Elastic File System (EFS)
• Experience with:
· CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar iterative template creation experience
· Chef, Ansible, or other automation tools
· Using GitHub and other source control solutions to version code/configuration changes
· Network File System
· Server Message Block
· Docker and container services
· Windows automation
· Scripting in Powershell
· Monitoring tools CloudWatch, DataDog or New Relic APM
· On call rotations using PagerDuty
· Using ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) or Splunk logging to troubleshoot applications
· Nix and other mixed operating systems
· Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes and toolsets
• Proficiency in Python or Java
• React, or similar UI framework
• Strong skills with serverless services in AWS (Lamba, S3, DynamoDB)
• Unit and Integration testing
• Practical exposure to architectural principles behind DB technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, Microsoft SQL, MYSQL, NOSQL and how they fit into an overall solution
• Past experience designing and implementing application deployments and improvements utilizing cloud native services
• Solid understanding of Python, JSON, XML, and related notational data representations
• Experience designing and scripting “self-healing” cloud architecture
• Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence
• Strong time sensitive deliverable management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills that include developed written and oral communication skills, effective collaboration techniques and the ability to problem solve within a team and cross-functionally
• Strong understanding of least privileged security best practices
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboratio
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!