The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Cloud Engineer on the Cloud Solutions and Architecture Team is responsible for collaborating to develop a variety of complex long-term engineering projects involving multiple disciplines across different business units. The role works on the design, delivery and productionizing of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment as well as all aspects of FMI’s design, provision, deployment, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of the platform. The role has similar duties to the Cloud Engineer, but also leverages advanced knowledge in supporting solutions and is available to mentor less experienced team members.
• Execute initiatives to improve cloud applications via design and operational resiliency.
• Evaluates new cloud services and tools in order to create scorecards and proposals
• Lead research efforts for new technology and how to effectively and elegantly integrate them into FMI’s existing enterprise platform.
• Assist development teams with application and infrastructure from initial design to production deployment.
• Write, test, and refactor Infrastructure as code that adheres to patterns and standards.
• Create, review, modify, and update AWS CloudFormation scripts.
• Maintain uptime on all systems while making improvements to system features and usability.
• Work with FMI’s Development and Operations teams to streamline continuous integration and deployments of internal applications.
• Partner across Technology subteams to maintain best practices and integrate post-deployment automated testing.
• Architect and implement solutions to streamline business processes that achieve company goals more effectively and efficiently.
• Operationalize cloud applications and cloud infrastructure with processes and documentation.
• Instantiate automation scripts.
• Deliver solutions using Agile methodology.
• Provide mentorship to Cloud Engineers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of professional information technology experience in lieu of a degree, AND
• 3+ years of experience in Linux or Windows Systems Engineering, including 2+ years of project work experience using or related to Amazon Web Services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 5+ years of experience in Linux or Windows Systems Engineering and cloud computing
• 3+ years of bash scripting experience
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Experience in managing or designing cloud deployment software
• Working knowledge of:
• Experience with:
• Practical exposure to architectural principles behind DB technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, Microsoft SQL, MYSQL, NOSQL and how they fit into an overall solution
• Past experience designing and implementing application deployments and improvements utilizing cloud native services
• Solid understanding of Python, JSON, XML, and related notational data representations
• Experience designing and scripting “self-healing” cloud architecture
• Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset including Jira and Confluence
• Strong time sensitive deliverable management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills that include developed written and oral communication skills, effective collaboration techniques and the ability to problem solve within a team and cross-functionally
• Strong understanding of least privileged security best practices
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!