The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Computational Biologist on the Cancer Genomics Team investigates computational, bioinformatic and statistical aspects of genomic and epigenomic data as part of multidisciplinary teams to develop new technologies and approaches that will benefit cancer patients.
• Collaborate with a interdisciplinary team of molecular biologists, computational biologists, and data scientists focused on developing innovative approaches in tumor detection and oncology biomarkers using NGS in blood and tissue specimens from cancer patients.
• Analyze raw data from novel molecular biology and instrumentation platforms to provide insights into effectiveness and development of approaches.
• Identify and analyze novel biological measurements and signals to develop and optimize strategies for detection of tumor and improvement of clinical biomarkers.
• Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies.
• Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Masters Degree in Bioengineering, Data Science, Biology or a related quantitative field
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Academic or professional work with molecular biology and/or genomics
• Familiarity with one of the following languages: Python, Java, R, C++ or equivalent
• PhD in Bioengineering, Data Science, Biology or a related quantitative field
· analyzing complex biological data including extraction of novel signals in large data sets
· using statistics and machine learning for practical results in high-dimensional datasets relevant to oncology
· developing pipelines for analysis of NGS sequencing data
· developing signal processing approaches for improved analysis in clinical oncology
· working with of UNIX operating systems, ideally in high-performance and cloud computing environments
· developing and executing data analysis strategies including emphasis on hypothesis-driven formulations and approaches
• Strong understanding of molecular biology, genomics and epigenetics in cancer
• Excellent teamwork, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to:
· work independently in a multidisciplinary, dynamic, and results-oriented teams
· present data to multidisciplinary colleagues in a clear manner
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!