About the Job
The Senior Customer Experience Executive (CEE) within the Customer Experience team, partners directly with a subset of current, key large FMI accounts serving as a single point and liaison of contact for pre-, peri-, and post-testing. The position is responsible for warmly providing operational and excellent customer experience end to end which includes support across all of FMI’s product portfolio and services in addition to direct insights on case management for our large named accounts.
The Senior CEE ensures FMI’s customers and patients are satisfied with our products and services, client concerns and questions are documented and addressed promptly, and monitors all client activities and ordering patterns to identify opportunities for improvement and refinement of service delivery. The Senior CEE is a role model for collaboration and execution of superior customer service to ensure metrics display the best in class within the industry.
This role sits in the West Region (Washington, Oregon, California, and Nevada.)
• Partner closely with large client accounts to educate and assist in operationalizing FMI’s product portfolio and offerings to exceed client expectations end to end, becoming a reliable point of contact.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to improve account services and implement custom solutions tailored to needs of the client that may be outside of standard resolution process.
• Identify and present solutions on potential operational issues that may delay existing orders, suggest resolutions and implement solutions.
• Partner with critical internal and external stakeholders to strategize process changes that help sustain and grow accounts.
• Monitor client activities and ordering patterns to improve and refine service delivery, follow through to ensure all improvements are reviewed and put in place.
• Gather and document feedback from clients regarding process improvements, work with Operations team to influence and implement improvements to ensure an excellent customer experience.
• Schedule proactively and maintain regular interactions with key customer contacts to optimize workflow and service delivery for customer experience as measured by established performance metrics.
• Manage collection of information required for testing and documentation with external contacts, including hospitals, pathology laboratories, and patients and use critical thinking to solve complex issues.
• Be a subject-matter expert on all FMI services and offerings and offer support across a range of technology product offerings in a welcoming manner.
• Meet regularly with internal stakeholders to stay current with procedural and regulatory changes and represent the voice of the customer.
• Ensure training is compliant.
• Ensure commitment to FMI patients and clients while maintaining a professional and warm presence in all settings (email, phone, occasional face-to-face).
• Responsible for collaborating with different stakeholders internally and proactively collaborating cross-functionally across departments to improve the customer experience.
• Provide support to peers and Customer Experience Executives as needed including but not limited to: coaching and training within assigned region and/or to the team in order to enhance and improve the end to end client/patient testing journey.
• Lead internal projects serving as a subject matter expert and determine the best utilization of resources to ensure an optimal customer experience.
• Represent Customer Experience team and/or serve as a delegate on key leadership and stakeholder meetings.
• Partner across various support areas within Client Services and the Commercial organization ensuring collaboration and teamwork.
• Travel up to 25% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience in a customer service, biotech, healthcare, or sales role
• 2+ years managing larger accounts more complex in nature
• 6+ years of experience in a related customer service, biotech, healthcare, or sales role
• 2+ years of experience with utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM system)
• Experience using the Salesforce contact platform
• Experience in data and trend analysis for account management
• Prior experience in working with remote teams
• Demonstrated history of managing multiple concurrent large initiatives while maintaining workflow
• Proficiency with Microsoft products, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate issues and drive issue resolution
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve both technical and human/interpersonal problems
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to perform in a detail-oriented and accountable manner that meets deadlines
• Established problem-solving abilities and analytical and negotiations skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient privacy and data regulations
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
#LI-Remote [Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States]
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.