About the Job
The Senior Director, Field & Business Operations is responsible for leading a team focused on the analytics and operations needed to enable our business success, and our impact on patients. The Field & Business Operations team plays an important strategic role in ensuring our business teams have the tools, resources, data and technology they need to successfully execute their roles. This team is focused on field automation and enablement tools/technology, master data management and data stewardship of commercial data, incentive compensation plan design and administration, as well as portfolio analytics and reporting. This Senior Director partners closely with leaders within the business teams, the field teams, IT, and beyond.
• Set the strategic vision for, and the everyday management of, various Sales Force Automation & Enablement tools (CRM, Field Reporting Platforms, etc.) for the field facing teams.
• Act as the representative of the business teams for the field CRM requirements, gathering, testing, and implementation.
• Partner with IT, Marketing, Sales, Biopharma, Market Access, and Medical Affairs for implementation of field enablement (CRM/SFA) platforms.
• Proactively identify and recommend updates/changes to optimize FMI’s enablement and automation systems.
• Partner with Training to implement, develop and execute a learning plan for the various field enablement and automation platforms.
• Ensure that all field enablement and automation platforms adhere to FMI’s compliance policies.
• Manage the team responsible for the design and administration of the field incentive compensation and awards programs, in partnership with the Business and Field Leadership.
• In partnership with the team, develop various tools, dashboards, reports, and technology solutions that capture key performance metrics and information to enable field performance.
• Provide strategic oversight to commercial (Clinical Commercial & Biopharma Commercial) Data Governance and stewardship.
• Partner effectively with other Data Steward and Data Governance leads across the company to ensure data integrity and a strategic data vision.
• Act as a strategic partner to the business regarding field force size, structure, and resource allocation strategies.
• In partnership with the team, develop and execute a plan for leveraging commercial data efficiently and compliantly with both internal and external partners.
• With the team, lead portfolio analytics activities, including regional and national sales and marketing analytics, channel effectiveness, etc., to help inform the strategic direction of the business.
• Further establish the remit of the Field & Business Operations team across the enterprise
• Provide management, coaching, and development to the team.
• Set and execute on the strategic remit of the team.
• Partner effectively with key internal stakeholders within the organization to influence and drive change.
• Act as an internal expert and thought partner related to topics of field operations, incentive compensation, business analytics, data architecture, and enablement platforms.
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 12+ years of sales operations experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or diagnostics industry (which may include work as a consultant or supplier to the industry)
• Master's Degree or MBA
• Experience in Oncology or Diagnostics
• Extensive experience in Sales Force Design, Targeting, Incentive Compensation and Field Operations work
• Extensive experience supporting technical design of commercial systems and implementing applications, specifically CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com (CRM/SFA)
• Experience in leading and supporting CRM build outs for business functions
• Experience building reports/dashboards with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
• Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with many cross-functional partners and in cross functional teams, with a history of leadership and initiative in achieving organizational objectives
• Deep knowledge and robust understanding of business operations and ability to identify and investigate operational needs and opportunities and lead the implementation of improvements within area of responsibility
• Familiarity with database architecture and back-end commercial systems, including data warehouse/data lake, data management and successfully setting up analytics platforms
• Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and determine focused objectives and a clear path forward in the face of open questions
• Ability to understand and influence decisions
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels in the organization
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.