About the Job
The Lifecycle Leader (LCL) is accountable for the success of Foundation Medicine’s Liquid CDx portfolio, from assessing the market opportunity to defining a winning product strategy and working cross-functionally to ensure that strategy is implemented according to milestones approved by the Portfolio Governance Committee (PGC). The LCL facilitates cross-functional input to ensure effective decision-making within Foundation Medicine. The LCL is responsible for developing a global strategy within the context of FMI’s portfolio of products and services.
• Act as the "General Manager" for FoundationOne Liquid CDx.
• Provide strategic leadership to the Liquid Lifecycle Team (LCT), a multifunctional team covering Clinical Development, R&D, Technology, Operations, and Commercial/Biopharma activities.
• Make recommendations to the PGC to maximize the value of FMI’s Liquid Portfolio over the entire lifecycle (as captured in the Lifecycle Strategy, Product Development Plans, Commercial Launch Plans).
• Develop a vision for the LCT by leading the process of developing a target positioning built on the target product profile, key claims and documented market insights.
• Mobilize the organization's implementation of the Lifecycle Strategy, ensuring alignment of development and marketing plans - in line with the target product profile.
• Lead the Lifecycle Team to prepare the Product Development Plan and Strategic Lifecycle Plan as an integrated development and commercial plan agreed with functions and key affiliates.
• Collaborate effectively with other LCTs to build a coherent FMI portfolio strategy.
• Ensure proper staffing of the LCT and key sub-teams.
• Collaborate effectively with Roche FMI colleagues to ensure the product strategy is implemented globally.
• Champion the Lifecycle Team model and enterprise mindset throughout FMI.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 12+ years of multidisciplinary experience in the pharma/biotech/diagnostics industry
• MBA, MD, PhD or other relevant Graduate or Post-Graduate Degree
• Multi-year experience working in oncology
• Marketing or commercial experience as well as global/US launch experience
• Experience managing complex projects with ambitious milestones in high-pressure circumstances
• Proven experience as an inspiring, empowering leader in a strategic multifunctional environment
• Experience as a sub-team leader and working in a Lifecycle Team as a core team member over a sufficient time period to have achieved a significant regulatory milestone (e.g., PMA Submission)
• Demonstration of an enterprise perspective beyond the specific product
• In-depth knowledge of the global diagnostic/genomic testing business and the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, especially with regard to R&D, product development, regulatory issues, commercialization, reimbursement initiatives, industry trends
• Experienced leader with proven results in coaching and developing team members
• Ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making and understanding of how to work with a cross-functional team to gather appropriate inputs, challenge ideas, and come to a clear decision utilizing a single-decision-maker model
• Ability to lead through ambiguity and a dynamic environment, pivoting as needed and simplifying in the midst of complexity
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to properly interact with people in different levels/positions/experience and cultures
• Exceptional collaboration skills in a highly matrixed and global environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passio
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.