About the Job
The Senior Director, Strategic Insights & Analytics is responsible for setting the vision and leading a team charged with generating actionable insights and strategic recommendations that impact the business. This leadership-level role has oversight across market research, competitive intelligence, and forecasting. With an enterprise-wide view across FMI, this individual brings in the external perspective rooted in a deep understanding of the external oncology, diagnostic, and data insights environment, while also possessing a firm grasp of FMI’s internal business. This role integrates insights across the organization to provide a single aligned view and partner cross-functionally across teams.
• Oversee a team that analyzes market trends, benchmarks competitor performance, conducts forecasting, and leads primary research efforts to develop insights and recommendations to inform FMI’s short-term and long-term strategy across all business units.
• Provide visionary and strategic leadership to the team of 10-15 individuals including direct management and skip-level management.
• Serve as a member of the Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS) Leadership Team to lead and participate in strategy development, decision making, and creating a great place to work in GPS.
• Serve as a member of the FMI Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and partner closely on cross-functional alignment and integration.
• Proactively identify and prioritize intelligence efforts critical to strategic planning and execution for key stakeholders and provide direction for the design and refinement of the intelligence plan.
• Leverage insights from primary market research, competitive intelligence, and internal data to provide unbiased and fact-based competitive insights, benchmarking, and recommendations regarding commercialization strategies, portfolio prioritization, oncology research and development strategies, and business development initiatives.
• Develop and deploy innovative market research techniques that support the development of strategic imperatives to help guide decision making and objectively track and assess ongoing performance of Clinical and Biopharma assays and data products and services.
• Ensure the effective implementation and integrity of all competitive intelligence and business intelligence activities, such as primary research, and other intelligence gathering and analysis projects through timely and appropriate coordination with stakeholders and external vendors.
• Work cross-functionally and represent all business / competitive intelligence and market insights capabilities.
• Effectively partner with key stakeholder groups to support strategic and tactical decision making with insightful analysis that accurately and objectively reflect the voice of the customer to maximize the potential of FMI’s market position.
• Collaborate with business stakeholders to deliver robust and validated forecast models to assess and optimize current and future business performance.
• Act as the go-to strategic thought partner for Insights / Analytics for the Commercial Leadership Team, Biopharma Leadership Team, Global Portfolio Strategy Leadership Team, Lifecycle Teams and Data and Insights Delivery Teams.
• Maintain comprehensive and current understanding of relevant industry environment issues, including policy, regulatory, health technology, etc, to identify key issues relevant to strategic planning initiatives.
• Develop strong teams, foster a collaborative work environment, encourage innovative thinking, and build leadership skills of direct reports and team members.
• Provide management, coaching, and development to the team.
• Set and execute on the strategic remit of the team.
• Partner effectively with key internal stakeholders within the organization to influence and drive change.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 12+ years of experience in life sciences with broad-based exposure to oncology, diagnostics and commercialization
• 5+ years of experience managing direct reports and leading teams
• Advanced degree, such as MBA, PhD, MD
• Relevant experience in sales, marketing, market analytics, product commercialization, corporate strategy, portfolio planning, or general business
• Demonstrated experience influencing senior leadership and confidently advocating for informed recommendations
• Demonstrated experience bringing analytics to life so that the story behind the data can be quickly grasped
• Experience in multiple dimensions (qualitative and quantitative) of market research and forecasting
• Demonstrated ability to lead people, provide direction, and motivate a team to excel
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and prudently manage a budget across teams to deliver on business priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within FMI
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, maintaining a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on time
• Strong analytical skills, using data to support decisions, and the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas to varied audiences
• Strong interpersonal skills with a willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and managing relationships in order to strengthen decision making
• Customer-focused mindset
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.