About the Job
The Senior Director, Strategic Portfolio Marketing is an integral part of the Marketing Team within Foundation Medicine’s Commercial Organization. As Senior Director, Strategic Portfolio Marketing, the incumbent is responsible for developing the global marketing strategies for FMI’s current diagnostic products portfolio and pipeline in the US and ex-US markets. The Senior Director leads a team of Strategic Assay Marketers who act as the voice of customer on product lifecycle teams, responsible for development of marketing requirements and go-to market strategies for each product within the lifecycle team.
• Be accountable for developing long-term (5 year) and short-term (90-day) strategic marketing goals for FMI diagnostic portfolio and pipeline from a global (US and Ex-US) perspective with measurable impact on customers including, but not limited to, patients, physicians, payers and biopharma partners.
• Directly manage and lead a team of Strategic Assay Marketers.
• Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across multiple organizations (Global Portfolio Strategy, Commercial and Biopharma) to ensure strategic co-development and subsequent alignment on strategy and positioning of diagnostic products within the portfolio.
• Collaborate with the Director, Data Strategy Marketing and peers within the team to ensure the overall objectives and long-range goals for the data products are developed with a portfolio mindset.
• Lead the Product Business Team forum for assessing global commercial needs & bringing customer requirements and perspectives into the LCT.
• Partner closely with the Commercial and Biopharma organizations to capture key stakeholder needs as well as ensure alignment and fluid pull-through of strategy into execution.
• Serve as a critical member of the Vice President, Marketing’s leadership team and act as the main point of contact on global commercialization teams as well.
• Develop global relationships and build credibility with key internal cross-functional stakeholders from both Foundation Medicine and Roche.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 12+ years of diagnostic or pharmaceutical product and/or portfolio marketing experience, 5+ years of which are in oncology
• 5+ years of experience leading and managing teams
• Advanced degree, such as a Master’s of Business Administration or PhD within the Business, Science, Healthcare or Biomedical field
• 15+ years of work experience in product marketing, preferably within medical device or diagnostics, of which 7+ years are in oncology
• Globally-focused marketing or sales experience and a deep understanding of the oncology end-to-end marketplace
• Experience creating impactful strategic marketing plans and developing value propositions, positioning and targeting in the life-sciences space
• Experience in healthcare with an emphasis on diagnostics, genomics, and/or biotechnology
• Experience gathering industry trends, generating deep customer insights and competitive intelligence to target the in-house laboratory testing market segment
• Experience building financial models representing complex market situations to facilitate data-driven decision making
• Direct product launch experience including regulatory, access, marketing and sales
• Experience building relationships with key customers, cross-functional partners, and external business partners
• Experience in next-generation sequencing technologies
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel 30% of the time, primarily, as per organization, state and/or federal guidance in relation to the pandemic
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.