About the Job
The Senior Manager, Alliance Management provides comprehensive operational and strategic support for FMI’s biopharma alliances. The Sr. Manager is responsible for implementing and monitoring the execution of plans for specific programs that are part of FMI’s biopharma collaborations, including companion diagnostic programs and data partnership activities. In this role, the incumbent works collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external teams to ensure successful implementation and on-going execution of FMI’s biopharma partnered programs. The incumbent serves as primary point of contact for one or more partnered CDx programs and/or Data partnerships, maintaining alignment between internal and partner teams, and managing communication, escalation of issues, and stakeholder engagement.
• Implement and monitor the execution of plans for specific programs that are part of FMI’s biopharma collaborations, including companion diagnostic programs and data partnership activities.
• Serve as primary point of contact for one or more partnered CDx programs and/or data partnerships, maintaining alignment between internal and partner teams, and managing communication, escalation of issues, and stakeholder engagement.
• Serve as lead Alliance Manager and primary point of contact for single-CDx partnerships.
• Support and lead organization and execution of partnership Governance bodies and Joint Steering Committees.
• Build plans for discrete projects within partnership.
• Monitor progress against executed collaboration agreements; proactively identifies and raises issues and provides recommendations for resolutions.
• Articulate partnership vision; understand partnership projects in context of industry and program strategy.
• Act as point of internal and joint escalation, when possible resolving issues without further escalation.
• Support Strategic Partnership Leader in account plan development and refinement.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline
• 5+ years of experience in the life sciences or biopharmaceutical industry or at a diagnostic academic center
• 5+ years in a business development, project management, or alliance management function
• Advanced Degree in a scientific discipline
• 6+ years in a business development, project management or alliance management function
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in the planning and execution of collaborative projects
• Demonstrated history of being proactive, taking initiative, and driving to results
• Strong knowledge and credibility in the oncology market
• Demonstrated ability to navigate and communicate across organizations with different cultures & priorities
• Ability to work independently
• Exceptional listening and speaking skills
• High level of attention to detail and nuance
• Strong organizational skills to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and setting priorities in order to complete assignments in a timely manner
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.