About the Job
The Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence in Strategic Insights & Analytics is a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders and an integral contributor to FMI’s strategic planning efforts.
He/she is responsible for providing competitive and strategic insights across FMI (Commercial, Biopharma, Data, Medical, R&D and Operations organizations) leveraging their expertise to monitor and track the competitive landscape including competitor and customer activities, conduct threat assessments (including timelines and probability of launch assessments), and partner with key FMI cross-functional partners to align on implications for the FMI portfolio.
• Use market and product understanding to inform research approaches.
• Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information (includes attendance and coverage of key medical conferences).
• Understand competitor profiles and drivers to develop competitive strategies.
• Lead competitive threat assessments to develop rigorous team assumptions about key competitors; lead CI communications (alerts) to inform the organization about key competitive events and implications to FMI, provide situational analysis support for business planning, launch or competitor readiness reviews, etc.
• Collaborate within cross-functional teams to develop solutions, gain alignment and deliver impactful business insights; engage necessary stakeholders to enable better decision-making.
• Openly share perspective and insights to elevate team thinking and drive a balanced, holistic point of view; effectively weigh and communicate trade-off considerations.
• Take an enterprise mindset, linking individual responsibilities with broader organization; focus on outcomes that provide most business value.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 8+ years of combined graduate study and work experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech / life sciences industry in a competitive intelligence capacity is required (industry or management consulting experience)
• PhD in the life sciences strongly preferred-- this role requires scientific understanding of oncology therapeutics and diagnostics, and the ability to translate scientific literature into business impact assessments
• Prior experience working in oncology-related field
• Demonstrated experience managing outside vendors
• Demonstrated scientific understanding of oncology therapeutics and diagnostics
• Demonstrated ability to translate scientific literature into business impact assessments
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability, breaking down complex problems into distinct parts, managing uncertainty, understanding, anticipating interdependencies
• Demonstrated comfort in an entrepreneurial environment
• Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work effectively in a fluid, cross-functional matrixed environment and stand out as a successful collaborator
• Ability to proactively “connect the dots” by asking thought-provoking questions
• Ability to remain objective when presenting insights and guiding decision-making; demonstrate good presentation skills by pairing sound analytics with storytelling
• Ability to stay motivated to continuously improve performance; outcomes-focused and driven to achieve objectives
• Ability to lean in and manage through change
• Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to develop strong partnerships
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Strong attention to detail
• Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.