About the Job
The Senior Manager, Corporate Accounts is a field-based role with direct customer engagement delivering Foundation Medicine’s products and services to regionalized health systems, academic medical systems, integrated delivery networks and complex physician networks, while maintaining and driving new relationships. The Senior Manager oversees and manages the Sales Specialist while partnering with the Inside Sales team, and is also accountable for institutional reimbursement pull-through.
• Manage and grow relationships with key decision makers within defined corporate accounts; maintain trust-based relationships that reinforce FMI as partner of choice.
• Identify and set account commercial strategies based on robust assessment of account, regional market, clinical, financial, and reimbursement considerations. Refine plan to meet ongoing changes in landscape.
• Create and execute business plans that deliver comprehensive solutions to customers that drive engagement and systemic adoption of FMI portfolio. Pull-through of national strategies as appropriate (e.g. AMC, pathology, community).
• Identify and execute on contracting opportunities within defined accounts.
• Coach and develop Sales Specialist to optimal performance.
• Collaborate with Inside Sales team members and ensure optimal coverage of satellite accounts and HCPs.
• Educate and pull-through reimbursement and billing services at local level.
• Continually demonstrate a high level of product and market knowledge and use it to inform decisions, plans, and actions.
• Partner closely with account and internal leadership to gain commitments from stakeholders.
• Partner with Sales, Operations, Payer Team, and the broader commercial teams, working closely with them to broaden and deepen strategic relationships.
• Communicate strategies, milestones, accomplishments, and insights pertaining to accounts.
• Interact with key stakeholders – centralized accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent FMI experience
• 6+ years experience in a commercial role within a pharmaceutical, molecular diagnostics, healthcare, research products, or similar industry environment
• Lives within 50 miles of defined geography
• Demonstrated track record of success managing complex regional accounts, including influencing key decision makers, C-Suite selling, and strategic planning
• Demonstrated track record of success coaching to and selling oncology-based tests or products to medical oncology and/or pathology
• Knowledge of scientific and technical concepts, and experience communicating scientific or technical information to a range of audiences
• Experience coaching and leading teams
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
LI- Remote [ Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States]
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!