Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Senior Manager, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) oversees the environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures, and programs of FMI at the Cambridge and Boston, MA locations, consisting of general office, clinical lab space and R&D activities. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining, reviewing, and implementing EHS procedures specially customized for the unique needs of FMI, and ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. A key aspect of the role focuses on supporting the development and implementation of FMI’s emerging EHS Management System across the organization.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role.
• Provide leadership required to foster a culture of EHS excellence through effective communication and employee engagement.
• Support the development and lead implementation of all EHS programs, policies, and management system at the MA locations.
• Conduct routine inspections of lab and support spaces for unsafe conditions and work practices, ensure action items are acted on and unsafe conditions are remedied immediately.
• Develop and perform annual risk assessments, job hazard analysis, and general EHS assessments as required by the business.
• Develop and coordinate formal industrial hygiene monitoring strategies for existing and future procedures to protect our employees and workplaces and maintain regulatory compliance.
• Lead incident and accident investigations and root cause analysis and close out corrective actions.
• Provide routine training, such as the new employee presentation, laboratory safety training, and facility tour.
• Act as the regulatory point of contact for any state and federal audits.
• Manage site specific EHS permits.
• Track and measure EHS KPI’s and communicate performance to key stakeholders.
• Drive involvement of the Safety Committee, increasing the participation, awareness, and accountability of EHS culture at the site,
• Oversee the contractor safety program, ensuring site specific training requirements are met for all vendors, contractors, and contingent workers.
• Coordinate the site Occupational Health and Ergonomics program, managing and tracking ergonomic requests, evaluations, and equipment.
• Oversee the emergency evacuation program and coordinate annual evacuation drills.
• Provide safety direction and requirements on a cross functional team for capital projects.
• Participate in an on-call rotation that provides 24/7 coverage and emergency response to EHS related incidents.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma and 8+ years of experience in an EH&S role; OR,
• Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience in an EH&S role
• 2+ years of management experience
• Master’s Degree in a relevant field
• Professional certification (CSP, CIH)
• OSHA HAZWOPER Certification
• Completion of DOT HAZMAT Transportation Training
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong, effective oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!