About the Job
The Senior Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics (SIA) of Forecasting participates actively in Foundation Medicine’s strategic planning efforts by providing unbiased and objective forecasts of product and portfolio performance. The Forecaster is responsible for building and maintaining monthly and annual product and portfolio forecasts in collaboration with partners across the FMI organization.
· Lead the design, preparation and maintenance of demand-based forecasts and scenarios to support demand planning and long-range planning.
· Support cross-functional teams for regular forecast cycles including monthly and quarterly business reviews.
· Leverage in-depth data and analytics skills to recommend and perform in-depth data analysis to create robust assumptions and forecast inputs.
· Partner with Field Operations to develop and implement IC goals.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to integrate key market dynamics and cross-functional expertise into demand forecasts. Effectively explain modeling assumptions to key stakeholders including senior leadership and triangulate assumptions with other data and forecasting model to pressure test them and develop “what if” scenarios.
· Integrate forecasts with primary research, competitive intelligence, & analytics insights co-developed with peers and translate into business impact.
• Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or scientific discipline
• 6+ years of forecasting and market modeling experience in the diagnostics, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industry
· Prior demand forecasting experience required
· Advanced Excel programming and modeling capabilities are required; Strong proficiency in demand forecasting, uncertainty analyses, etc is required. The individual in this role is expected to build and maintain forecasting models independently.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant advanced Degree
• Demonstrated history with Excel programming and modeling capabilities
• Prior management consulting experience
· Excellent presentation skills and strong proficiency with presentation tools (PowerPoint, etc)
· Strong communication, prioritization, and influencing skills
· Innate sense of curiosity and drive for results
· Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers. Uses creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms.
· Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to "tease out" information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty.
· Ability to represent the SIA function on cross-functional teams. Demonstrates persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Is effective in a variety of presentation settings. Is comfortable around, and influential with, higher management.• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.