About the Job
The Senior Manager, Strategic Insights & Analytics (SIA) of Forecasting participates actively in Foundation Medicine’s strategic planning efforts by providing unbiased and objective forecasts of product and portfolio performance. The Forecaster is responsible for building and maintaining monthly and annual product and portfolio forecasts in collaboration with partners across the FMI organization.
· Lead the design, preparation and maintenance of demand-based forecasts and scenarios to support demand planning and long-range planning.
· Support cross-functional teams for regular forecast cycles including monthly and quarterly business reviews.
· Leverage in-depth data and analytics skills to recommend and perform in-depth data analysis to create robust assumptions and forecast inputs.
· Partner with Field Operations to develop and implement IC goals.
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to integrate key market dynamics and cross-functional expertise into demand forecasts. Effectively explain modeling assumptions to key stakeholders including senior leadership and triangulate assumptions with other data and forecasting model to pressure test them and develop “what if” scenarios.
· Integrate forecasts with primary research, competitive intelligence, & analytics insights co-developed with peers and translate into business impact.
• Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or scientific discipline
• 6+ years of forecasting and market modeling experience in the diagnostics, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industry
· Prior demand forecasting experience required
· Advanced Excel programming and modeling capabilities are required; Strong proficiency in demand forecasting, uncertainty analyses, etc is required. The individual in this role is expected to build and maintain forecasting models independently.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant advanced Degree
• Demonstrated history with Excel programming and modeling capabilities
• Prior management consulting experience
· Excellent presentation skills and strong proficiency with presentation tools (PowerPoint, etc)
· Strong communication, prioritization, and influencing skills
· Innate sense of curiosity and drive for results
· Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers. Uses creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms.
· Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to "tease out" information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty.
· Ability to represent the SIA function on cross-functional teams. Demonstrates persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Is effective in a variety of presentation settings. Is comfortable around, and influential with, higher management.• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.