About the Job
The Senior Manager, Procurement is responsible for developing and executing procurement strategies to support various Foundation Medicine functions including Technology, Human Resources, and General & Administrative functions. Areas of focus for this position are strategic category management, supplier negotiations, supplier management, and improvement through collaboration with internal business partners and external suppliers. This role has regional and global responsibility for identified spend categories and provides guidance for other spend categories as requested.
• Develop and execute procurement strategies that align with business stakeholders.
• Manage request for proposal (RFP) process for assigned categories.
• Manage project teams for spend categories, providing subject matter expertise and ensuring the completion of agreed deliverables.
• Translate business requirements into clear procurement specifications and expectations through effective collaboration with internal stakeholders.
• Provide wide scope of guidance on the implementation of procurement.
• Execute upon analysis of global category or market trends as well as information gathering and sourcing strategies for assigned materials and services.
• Present research-based recommended opportunities and action plans to Senior Management.
• Develop and measure key performance indicators.
• Periodically execute a variety of process and effectiveness improvements initiatives, including expense reduction and the tracking and reporting of functional metrics.
• Execute all areas of supplier management including market research and negotiations to drive and deliver value to the business.
• Lead the business review process, monitor supplier improvement plans and savings.
• Perform risk management data analysis
• Periodically finalize purchase order and delivery details.
• Additional related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of procurement and/or strategic sourcing related experience
• Multiple category procurement experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration
• CPM or CPSM designation
• Experience in negotiating pricing, contract terms and conditions including statements of work (SOW)
• Demonstrated record of successful cost reduction and operational efficiency
• Experience managing projects from source to implementation
• Understanding of the contingent workforce spend category and potential cost levers and market fundamentals
• Strong experience in communication and senior stakeholder management skills supported by strong communication and presentation skills
• Moderate to complex level of financial analysis knowledge including business modeling
• Strong project management and team leadership skills
• Demonstrated creative and innovative approach to problem solving
• Demonstrated history of proactivity within challenging or ambiguous situations
• Skill with influencing internal and external stakeholders, including executive management, to achieve the initiative objectives
• Experience working in the pharmaceutical, device or molecular technology industry
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Source-to-Pay applications
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.