Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Senior Manager, Service Desk will lead project management, business analysis, data management, operations, security support and team infrastructure which adhere to FMI policies and best practices for the IT Service Desk team. This role will monitor multiple lines of business to achieve operational objectives and collaborate with the executive leadership and internal business partners to ensure operational priority items are completed. The Senior Manager will create and find solutions to maintain world class customer satisfaction. This person will foster growth among the staff, coach and encourage clear communication. The Senior Manager may at times may be required to support on-call duties on a rotational basis.
• Provide guidance and training to direct reports.
• Ensure that VIP support is excellent.
• Help to promote highest level of customer satisfaction management.
• Ensure clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area.
• Approve requests at a certain level of authority.
• Manage overall financial budgeting for functions.
• Approve hiring and firing requests within group.
• Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation for major incidents on an as needed basis.
• Facilitate the lifecycle management of technology deployed to FMI employees.
• Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals.
• Interact with senior management for reporting.
• Work with senior management and other peers for strategy development and execution planning.
• Facilitate goal-level creation for the broader function and work with managers to ensure the goals cascade to all workers.
• Attend and hold 1:1 with business leaders, executive and stakeholders of the business.
• Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce support line incident rate.
• Manage, through internal resources and outsourced vendors, the day to day running of all the IT applications.
• Manage application support and assigned projects, ensuring deliverables are provided in a timely and quality manner while maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships.
• Report, process and resolve escalated incidents for FMI systems reported by end users.
• Manage multiple global projects that comprise of internal stakeholders and external parties.
• Work collaboratively with IT teams, internal business partners and external vendors to identify, understand, implement and support new business capabilities where appropriate.
• Develop, document and maintain Systems Data Architecture and Integrations.
• Identify and implement process and/or system changes that improve effectiveness of business areas.
• Develop Gap Analysis, Investment Proposals, System Roadmaps for FMI systems.
• Coordinate the implementation of Patches/Upgrades etc. with the team to minimize impact to ongoing projects and resources, and ensure proper testing and communications are conducted.
• Anticipate critical activities and risks, identify issues and demonstrate initiative to appropriately escalate and resolve.
• Plan mitigations for risks with significant impact.
• Demonstrate leadership, build partnerships and communicate in a way that is motivating, optimistic and pragmatic.
• Foster effective team interaction, collaboration and accountability.
• Foster a positive employee relations environment and a culture of continuous improvement, partnership, and teamwork through use of good and consistent management principles.
• Technical Expertise
• Scope of Control
• Ability to work occasional nights and evenings as needed.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field with 7+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function, OR
• High School Diploma/GED with 20+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function
• Certifications and skills:
• History of entering quality information into tickets and appropriately capturing data
• Demonstrated experience with managerial training and supervising a team of 8 or more
• Demonstrated experience in executing team building exercises
• Demonstrated experience successfully aiding others in establishing goals, objectives, and in implementing change management plans
• Demonstrated experience with big picture thinking
• Demonstrated successful project management skills
• Demonstrated integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks
• Strong attention to detail and time management, with demonstrated history of these skills in scheduling and ticket documentation
• Deep understanding and insight of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
• Understanding of the importance of information security and commitment to maintaining a secure information technology infrastructure
• Understanding of IT support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
• Experience working in a laboratory environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to hold difficult conversations with composure
• Ability to work towards team vision
• Ability to evaluate and implement new systems and technologies
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Ability to promote personal and professional development of team members
• Ability to allocate resources to meet company needs
• Understanding of HIPAA, and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!