Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Sr. Product Manager, Lab Systems is a specialist position within the Lab Systems team. This position is going lead the transformational project to implement Next Gen lab systems at all FMI lab locations. The incumbent assists with operational strategy, design of product prototypes, product delivery, Release strategy and product integration.
• Product Strategy
· Direct and lead Technology, Lab Systems, Enterprise Systems and other functions and multi-disciplinary teams, according to the product strategy, in workflows to:
· Define product goals and direction, using metrics and analytics to maximize value and guide the product’s course, overall development, case definition, business model decisions (e.g. product vs service), Product Selection/evaluation (COTS) and
· Design and/or maintain, in close collaboration Lab instrument automation & technology Product Development, a platform strategy roadmap and a roadmap for any additional products that might be built from it.
· Develop an understanding of new FMI assay development and build the product strategy to support early assay development process without impacting commercial pipeline.
· Periodically re-visit and adjust the product strategy based upon research and evaluation.
• Research and Evaluation
· Conduct research in collaboration with Enterprise Systems Engineering, Process Engineering and Lab Operations to drive continuous improvements there by reducing turnaround times.
· Leverage information gained from research efforts to recommend new product offerings and/or enhancements to current solutions.
· Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that ensure the health and impact of programs and maintain the tracking of progress against these indicators.
· Identify resource allocations needed and take steps to ensure these are met.
· Identify and determine when priority of product is to shift from prototyping and piloting to scaling and growing impact of solutions across FMI, Commercial Lab Operations, and Early Assay Development.
· Act as key point of contact for product strategy, updates, product delivery, and advanced troubleshooting.
· Authorize modifications and maintenance of the designated technology product.
· Manage the development backlog.
· Partner with the Downstream customers and Enterprise Business Intelligence teams to drive end to end roadmap alignment
· Partner with Quality Assurance and other departments to ensure system and procedures of the product adhere to established standards.
· Advocate the product vision to peers, customers and stakeholders.
· Manage and create development opportunities to less experienced team members.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field
· 7+ years of experience working in software product or project management
· Advanced degree, such as a Masters or Ph.D. in Engineering or a related field.
· 3+ years of work experience in product management or application development of scientific software and/or Tech products, particularly involving Laboratory Information Systems, Lab Execution Systems and Integration with Lab Instrumentation.
· Demonstrated track record of conceiving, delivering, and growing Tech products, ideally regulatory laboratory facing product solutions, from concept to commercialization
· Experience with or a professional understanding of Assay Development or Drug Development process
· Experience with software development lifecycle processes and agile-scrum philosophies with Product Owner certification
· Demonstrated history of inspiring and collaborating across cross-functional teams and leading teams to deliver by exerting influence (not authority)
· Strong interpersonal skills that including verbal and written communication, collaboration, and cross-functional problem solving
· Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
· Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
· Demonstrated integrity and a commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!