Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Senior Product Manager is a specialist position within the Medical Reporting team that leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of our Medical Reporting product platform. This position manages a wide variety of stakeholders across various commercial, medical, regulatory, engineering and operational teams. Together with other key collaborators, this role is responsible for creating and executing on a clear and decisive product strategy for our medical reporting applications. This role is also responsible for managing a team of Product Owners and ensuring that scrum teams have all of the information that they need to regularly deliver high-quality features and products.
• Product Strategy.
· Define product goals and direction to maximize value and guide the product’s course, overall development
· Design and/or maintain a platform strategy roadmap and a roadmap for database(s) and any additional products that might be built from it.
· Periodically re-visit and adjust the product strategy based upon research and evaluation.
• Research and Evaluation
· Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that ensure the health and impact of programs and maintain the tracking of progress against these indicators.
· Identify resource allocations needed and take steps to ensure these are met.
· Identify and determine when priority of product is to shift from prototyping and piloting to scaling and growing impact of solutions across FMI, Research & Development, and Biopharma.
· Act as key point of contact for product strategy, updates, product delivery, and advanced troubleshooting.
· Authorize modifications and maintenance of the designated technology product.
· Manage the development backlog.
· Partner with the Commercial and Marketing teams on product initiatives.
· Partner with Quality Assurance and other departments to ensure system and procedures of the product adhere to established standards.
· Advocate the product vision to peers, customers, researchers, and stakeholders.
· Manage and create development opportunities to less experienced team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering or a related field
• 7+ years of experience working in software product or project management
• Advanced degree, such as a Master’s or Ph.D., in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering or a related field with a heavy quantitative and scientific base
• 3+ years of work experience in product management or application development of scientific software and/or data products, particularly involving databases, dashboards, and/or automation frameworks in a genomics, health or medical environment
• Experience with, or a professional understanding of, genomics and/or oncology
• Experience with software development lifecycle processes and agile-scrum philosophies
• Familiarity with at least one of the following languages: SQL, Python, R
• Demonstrated history of inspiring and collaborating across cross-functional teams and leading teams to deliver by exerting influence (not authority)
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Demonstrated track record of conceiving, delivering, and growing data products, ideally pharma-facing product solutions, from concept to commercialization
• Strong interpersonal skills that include verbal and written communication, collaboration, and cross-functional problem solving
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
• Delivery-focused mentality and proven track record of bringing large, complex and highly visible products to market
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!