About the Job
The Senior Program Manager (SPM) is responsible for organizing and supporting Data and Insights Delivery (DataID) cross-functional programs and teams and ensuring portfolio tracking and alignment among sub-teams. DataID is a portfolio strategy team focused on advancing our data-related capabilities, solutions, and insights for clinical and biopharma stakeholders. The incumbent liaises between teams to identify interdependencies, risks, and mitigations across the portfolio. This position builds and maintains close relationships with key business stakeholders to drive efficiencies across the portfolio of data initiatives.
• Ensure coordination and alignment among DataID cross-functional teams and sub-team leads and/or project leads across the portfolio.
• Provide facilitative guidance to program team to ensure timely decisions designed to advance the program and deliver on OKRs.
• Assist the DataID team with information gathering for corporate planning needs and Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS) QBR updates.
• Create and manage a holistic and transparent view of the DataID portfolio, including program deliverables and timelines to align with cross-functional goals (scope, schedule, budget).
• Coordinate resource plans and budget information in partnership with DataID team, cross-functional team members, and other functional program managers or stakeholders.
• Identify interdependencies, risks, and mitigations across portfolio/sub-teams and ensure they are being addressed or mitigated.
• Support alignment of DataID cross-functional teams and sub-teams to lifecycle team models in place across FMI to help drive more standardized and consistent approaches, including helping to drive change efforts towards best practices.
• Set expectations on how meetings are run such that risks and deliverables are elevated to a comprehensive plan.
• Coordinate sub-team activities against expectations and identify work that needs to come to the cross-functional team.
• Have a good handle on PM work in key functions like R&D and Technology and communicate to key stakeholders appropriately.
• Produce periodic DataID newsletters or release notes, communicate with consistency across assigned teams.
• Promote debate from functional experts to ensure effective, clear decision making within the team.
• Encourage creative or unconventional ideas and ensure that these are exploited by the team, as appropriate.
• Challenge team members and status quo constructively to lead delivery of ambitious milestones.
• Present development options, strategies, and recommendations for endorsement at key decision points to allow fact-based, transparent, and informed decision making.
• Interact with functions to help enable appropriate resource allocation at the appropriate time and alignment with agreed plan.
• Work with functions to identify gaps and to find collaborative solutions.
• Identify and help resolve inter-project resource conflicts to avoid resource bottlenecks; escalate appropriately when conflicts cannot be resolved.
• Take accountability for project budget and milestones.
• Lead the team to develop and implement innovative and feasible de-risking strategies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of experience in a Portfolio or Program Manager role
• Graduate degree or advanced project management certification (PMP, PgMP)
• 10+ years of experience in portfolio or program management role
• Prior experience:
• Prior experience managing external partners, vendors and/or stakeholders
• Portfolio of leading international and/or distributed large scale product development programs
• History of applying waterfall and agile methodologies
• Ability to adapt and work in ambiguous and/or changing conditions
• Proficiency in portfolio/program management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource, budget and risk management
• Proficient communications and presentation skills; experience presenting and communicating across all levels of an organization as well as with external stakeholders
• Proficient negotiation and conflict management skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.