About the Job
The Senior Project Manager, Portfolio and Program Management is responsible for the planning and execution of new biopharma clinical product development projects and/or lab expansion projects, as well as other business critical initiatives. The role generates and executes a project plan to deliver the defined solution business case, as well as identifies and resolves resource requirements and issues pertaining to the designated project. The position develops and manages project deliverables, and the programs and products worked by the incumbent may span from product concept initiation to global commercialization. Preferred location is Cambridge, MA and San Diego, CA areas.
• Project Management:
• Communications and Reviews:
• Relationship Management:
• Process Management:
• Team Management:
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of work experience a program or project management role
• Graduate Degree or advanced project management certification (PgMP, PMP)
• 7+ years of experience in a program or project management role
• Proficiency in program/project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management
• Portfolio of leading international and/or distributed large scale product development projects utilizing project management and product design & development frameworks
• Prior experience:
• Effective and clear communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated negotiation and conflict management skills
• Willingness to adapt and work in ambiguous and/or changing conditions
• Working knowledge of FDA, ISO, CLIA and CAP regulations
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.