The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
Senior Research Associate (SRA) in the Companion Diagnostics (CDx)/Development Operations team supports the development of new NGS-based molecular diagnostics. This position will contribute to laboratory and documentation activities in collaboration with a cross-functional team to verify and validate product requirements, assay design, and assay performance. The SRA prepares DNA from human specimens and operates automated liquid handlers to conduct high-throughput NGS sequencing. Additionally, the SRA will participate in documentation of device performance protocols and reports and data presentation.
• Prepare and isolates nucleic acid from oncology specimens (such as DNA/RNA extraction from FFPE tissue and blood samples).
• Perform standard molecular biology techniques (such as enzymatic manipulation of DNA and RNA).
• Perform specialized and complex experiments in such areas of Next Generation Sequencing.
• Operate complex laboratory equipment such as laboratory automation equipment.
• Maintain records of experimental procedures.
• Manage experimental data in a computer database (e.g. LIMS).
• Prepare reports and presentations to communicate results in group meetings.
• Train and mentor other team members on standard operating procedures.
• Participate in training sessions and workshops.
• Perform lab testing independently.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology or a related life science fields
• 3+ years of life science research experience in industry, a clinical research organization, or a hospital
• Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology or a related life science field
• Experience working with oncology specimens including Formalin-fixed, Paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue samples, blood, bone marrow
• Experience working with standard molecular biology techniques (nucleic acid isolation and analysis, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), and enzymatic manipulation of DNA and RNA
• Demonstrate a good understanding of the practices and principals of NGS, including DNA-seq and RNA-seq protocols, and various target-enrichment approaches e.g. multiplex-PCR, hybrid selection
• Familiarity with liquid handling equipment such as Hamilton Star or Agilent Bravo
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, scientific concepts, experimental plans, and results
• Experience in a Quality System Regulations (QSR) part 820 or CLIA/CAP compliant laboratory (e.g. experience in GDP, non-compliance documentation)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!