Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Scientific Copy Editor is responsible for conducting a final review and edit of a range of medical content such as slide decks, FAQs and standard response documents. This position is responsible for proofreading and stylistic editing to ensure the creation of high-quality, accurate and consistent external medical education content for the Medical Affairs team. This role is also responsible for maintaining content management systems, reference libraries and providing support with process improvement initiatives.
• Perform copy editing and formatting of medical content (slide decks/FAQs/standard response documents and training materials).
• Ensure consistency and correctness in spelling, punctuation, grammar, syntax and referencing styles.
• Apply judicious edits and suggestions for improving clarity, format and flow.
• Revise scientific language for usage, flow and clarity while ensuring facts and data are described accurately.
• Provide copy editing and operational leadership within the Medical Affairs team by leading quality and process improvement efforts.
• Create and maintain reference libraries in Endnote and Veeva.
• Upload content for approval into Veeva.
• Keep frequently used slide decks such as reporting features up to date with current content.
• Maintain Medical Content Management platforms (i.e.MACK and HelpDocs) to ensure all content is stored, re-approved annually and archived as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of editing and/or proofreading experience
• Background or degree in biological sciences
• 1+ year(s) of operational experience or experience in a leadership role
• Work experience involving scientific or medical content
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!