The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Scientist, Computational Biology on the Computational Biology will closely collaborate with a team of R&D lab scientists developing new technologies in order to enable future products and enrich the analytical capabilities of existing products, providing relevant computational bioinformatic and statistical expertise and leadership.
• Work within a broad interdisciplinary R&D team, in especially close collaboration with molecular biologists, enable development of new molecular biology methods in service of developing diagnostic products.
• Lead development of algorithms and new computational methods for identifying clinically-relevant genomic and epigenomic alterations in tumor DNA and RNA derived from clinical specimens, potentially leading a small team
• Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of data for the development and validation of methods.
• Incorporate new findings of cancer biology and data from novel molecular biology methods into existing computational pipelines.
• Mentor junior colleagues and collaborate with project teams.
• Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Work independently and prepare timetables, deliverables, and project schedules.
• Assist in protecting intellectual property invented in the course of product development.
• Represent the computational biology group in cross-functional projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master's Degree or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, or a related field
• 3+ years working in NGS based diagnostics or research
• Academic or professional study/work with molecular biology and/or genomics
• Familiar with one or more of the following programming and scripting languages: Python, Java, R, or C++
• Strong understanding of molecular biology and genomics
• Excellent teamwork, time management, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to: work independently in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced, dynamic, and results oriented environment present data to a multidisciplinary audience in a clear and cohesive manner
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!