The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Scientist, Data Management in the Biometrics and Biomarkers Department, Product Development is responsible for the oversight of data management activities, deliverables, and providing the highest possible quality and efficiency of focused data management support to all life cycles for novel biomarker development and oncology companion diagnostic programs.
• Perform query on database using SQL or Python or other tools.
• Mitigate potential data management issues by reviewing protocols for cross-project consistency.
• Represent the team within broad cross-functional projects.
• Lead multiple projects.
• Mentor junior members on design and project deliverables.
• Proactively identify and address areas of inefficiency and provide creative, successful solutions.
• Integrate data from multiple data sources for a given project, which may involve merging, reformatting of datasets and deriving new variables.
• Ensure the quality of data by identifying data errors or inconsistencies and work with appropriate personnel to resolve them.
• Perform the data integration and transformation and deliver data tables based on data specifications.
• Manage current and historical data/results to build a knowledgebase and ensure completeness and searchability.
• Ensure that all datasets, programs, and documentation are stored in appropriate locations under appropriate names for easy reference.
• Maintain high-level oversight on data quality metrics and DM deliverables.
• Perform ad-hoc data management and data analysis tasks.
• Collaborate with laboratory scientists, biostatisticians, technologists and regulatory affairs team on study design, planning, data preparation, programming, analysis and presentation of results.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics, information system or equivalent and with biology background
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Fluency in one or several computing software for data programming
• 5+ years of relevant working experience
• Experience in a programming role, supporting clinical trial studies or biomarker studies in the biopharmaceutical/diagnostics/CRO industry
• Demonstrated ability of meeting project deadlines
• Demonstrated record of successful independent work and contributions to team projects
• Demonstrated history of independent thinking
• Knowledge and experience with Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
• Scientific understanding of cancer genetics and genomics
• Technical proficiency and creativity
• Strong programming and computing skills; fluency in one or several scripting languages (Python, Perl), SQL and/or programming language (R, SAS)
• Excellent communication, presentations and writing skills, and the ability to explain complex technical details in clear language
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• High level of detail orientation with a focus on quality
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!