Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Sr. Scrum Master reports into the Agile Practice and Operations (APO) team which is responsible for continuous advancement and adoption of agile practices and operations across the Engineering department.
The incumbent will be part of one or more Scrum Teams and focus on helping the team(s) do great work! As a part of the team the Sr. Scrum Master will develop and maintain an understanding of the product(s) the team builds and its role in the FMI Technology ecosystem. As an experienced Agile practitioner, the Sr. Scrum Master has mastered the basic mechanics of Scrum and blends that with the ability to empower, motivate and coach teams to be their best. The Sr. Scrum Master’s purview extends beyond the team(s) he/she directly supports, including how teams work together in service of the entire Value Stream. Finally, the successful candidate will continuously look for ways to improve how we practice Scrum in a regulated space to enable value delivery.
• Expertise in managing day to day Scrum team operations
• Organize and lead Scrum events
• Help the team meet their commitments without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
• Collect, inspect, and share key metrics
• Help teams overcome obstacles and navigate the complexities of FMI to deliver value
• Partner with the team in identifying and removing roadblocks and in leveraging organizational resources to improve flow of work
• Monitor team plans (i.e. quarterly, sprint) and proactively address risks with the team
• Manage dependencies by connecting your team with upstream and downstream teams
• Manages and helps plan feature releases
• Ensure software validation requirements are satisfied and strive to improve the validation process
• Continuously improve Scrum Team effectiveness
• Assess the Agile Maturity of the team(s) and organization and coaches the team(s) to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team(s)
• Monitor and analyze team metrics to identify what is going well and what’s isn’t. Coach teams to address the areas of opportunity
• Encourage and challenge teams to innovate, improve and pursue stretch goals
• Foster an environment of psychological safety
• Builds a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving
• Communicate effectively and listen intently
• Serve as a steady and calming influence, especially in time of stress
• Provide Value Stream level support
• Assist the APO lead with management and oversight of Scrum Teams aligned to the Value Stream
• Mentors other Scrum masters and junior team members
• Help teams develop and execute against clear and achievable plans that fulfill objectives on a quarterly basis
• Guide multiple teams through the quarterly alignment process and facilitate quarterly planning with large groups
• Partner with Program Managers to make sure Scrum Team level plans align with program level plans and that teams are tracking to initiative level commitments
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience managing Agile projects and/or applying Scrum methodology to managing projects
• Certified Agile Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM, PSMI), Advanced certified scrum product owner (A-CSPO) or Project Management Professional (PMP) credentials or equivalence.
• • 5+ years of experience using Scrum/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• • 2+ years of experience working with teams developing software in a regulated environment, preferably FDA regulated
• • Expertise using Agile Project management tools such as Jira/Confluence, EazyBI or equivalent, SmartSheet, Lucidchart and all the Microsoft Office suite of tools
• • Experience working with geographically dispersed scrum teams with 5-9 team members
• • Demonstrated experience managing shifting priorities
• • Demonstrated strong understanding of diverse agile frameworks, such as:
• Extreme Programming
• SAFe, LeSS, NEXUS, Scrum at Scale, DAD
• • Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• • Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• • Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.