Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Sr SDET Engineer works with test leads and scrum teams to continuously bridge gaps in automation, functional and testing infrastructure across teams. This position is responsible for building processes to ensure high quality software releases and for construction of frameworks and tools to help augment and implement automation tests. The incumbent works closely with the DevOps team to strategically include automated tests and testing infrastructure into the DevOps pipeline. Additional responsibilities include working with the cloud team to maintain best practices, integrating continuous automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, ensuring high quality software and working with product teams to promote Quality Engineering principles.
As a senior SDET engineer, you will be part of a broader team focused on bringing quality into everything we do. You will be working with test leads and scrum teams to continuously bridge gaps in automation, functional and testing infrastructure across teams. You will be responsible for building processes to ensure high quality software releases and for construction of frameworks and tools to help augment and implement automation tests. Additionally, you will be working closely with the DevOps team to strategically include automated tests and testing infrastructure into the DevOps pipeline. Activities will include working with the cloud team to maintain best practices, integrating continuous automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, ensuring high quality software and working with product teams to promote Quality Engineering principles. This function is of extreme importance in the community we serve as more efficient tools and a quicker turnaround time on results can drastically impact a patient’s treatment. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
• Perform gap analysis of current state of automation frameworks, functional testing process and testing infrastructure across products and strategize future state of automation framework with a roadmap.
• Evangelize, strategize, introduce and implement automation frameworks to support integration, web service and GUI testing across FMI product lines to be first class DevOps citizens.
• Write automated tests and test harness applications and services under test.
• Write and review test strategies, test plans and test cases based on the agile stories and/or product requirements.
• Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of FMI applications and products.
• Interact with SDETs, QA members and FMI technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing.
• Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
• Participate in efforts to share FMI testing technology and expertise within the company.
• Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
• Analyze and understand the current technology architecture, system interdependencies and application stacks.
• Work with Agile delivery teams to understand product vision and product backlogs; develop robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation tests for functional, regression and performance testing.
• Assist in creating acceptance criteria for user stories and generate a test automation backlog.
• Participate in design activities with the development team relating to testing of the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Collaborate with DevOps team to create/improve continuous deployment practices by developing strategies, formalizing processes and providing tools.
• Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements.
• Be responsible for creation and management of test data.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences or a similar concentration
• Strong Experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid and Cucumber
• Significant experience in quality assurance processes, software lifecycle, testing, planning, execution & defect tracking
• Hands-on experience with agile methodology (SCRUM etc.)
• Experience with:
· developing high quality automation frameworks
· BDD, TDD, Data driven and Hybrid automation frameworks
· testing applications on Cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS)
· working in distributed SOA environments including REST services
· querying complex schemas and relational databases
· working within a DevOps model and continuous delivery model
· working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA)
· creating acceptance criteria for user stories and generate test automation backlog
• Demonstrated ability to programmatically test products, measure test coverage, develop best automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools, and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product
• Proven knowledge of a standard software quality assurance methodology, components, deliverables, and how these integrate within the software development lifecycle
• Extensive knowledge with one or more automation libraries such as Selenium, Coded UI, etc.
• Extensive knowledge with one of more .Net or Java based unit test frameworks, such as xUnit, MS Test, Junit or Test NG
• Strong understanding of configuration management tools
• Knowledge of source control tool with preference for Perforce or GitLab
• Well versed with automated testing frameworks
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!