Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Integrations team within Data Technology Products. This group works to integrate FMI’s systems with various external partners to ensure our tests and data can help our partners make more informed treatment decisions. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews and technical documentation. Code created in this position will be reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well commented.
· Contribute towards the future state of automation for Quality Engineering dept. by closely collaborating with the testing team, a team comprising of Sr. SDETs, SDETs, functional testers and automation engineers.
· Perform gap analysis of current state of automation frameworks, functional testing process and testing infrastructure across products and strategizing future state of automation framework with a roadmap.
· Evangelize, strategize, introduce and implement automation frameworks to support integration, web service and GUI testing across FMI product lines to be first class DevOps citizens.
· Writing automated tests and test harnesses application and services under test.
· Writing and reviewing test strategies, test plans and test cases based on the agile stories and/or product requirements.
· Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of FMI applications and products.
· Interact with SDETs, QA members and FMI technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing.
· Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
· Participate in efforts to share FMI testing technology and expertise within the company.
· Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Analyze and understand the current technology architecture, system interdependencies and application stacks
· Involve in automation roadmap design and testing process improvements by researching on automation architectures and developing new automation solutions
· Work with Agile delivery teams to understand product vision and product backlogs; develop robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation tests for functional, regression and performance testing
· Assist in creating acceptance criteria for user stories and generate a test automation backlog
· Participates in design activities with the development team relating to testing of the functional and non-functional requirements
· Collaborate with DevOps team to create/improve continuous deployment practices by developing strategies, formalizing processes and providing tools
· Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements
· Creation and management of test data
· 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Sciences or a similar concentration
· Strong Experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid and Cucumber.
· Significant experience in quality assurance processes, software lifecycle, testing, planning, execution & defect tracking
· Hands-on experience with agile methodology (SCRUM etc.)
· Significant hands-on experience in solution design in the development of automated tests leveraging advanced Microsoft and Cloud platforms using ATDD/BDD methods
· Well versed with automated testing frameworks
· Extensive knowledge with one or more automation libraries such as Selenium, Coded UI, etc
· Extensive knowledge with one of more .Net or Java based unit test frameworks, such as xUnit, MS Test, Junit or Test NG
· Proven knowledge of a standard software quality assurance methodology, components, deliverables, and how these integrate within the software development lifecycle
· Strong understanding of configuration management tools
· Knowledge of source control tool with preference for Perforce or GitLab
· Experienced in creating acceptance criteria for user stories and generate test automation backlog
· Strong Experience developing high quality automation frameworks.
· Strong Experience in BDD, TDD, Data driven and Hybrid automation frameworks.
· Strong Experience to programmatically test products; measure test coverage; develop best automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools; and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product.
· Strong experience working with SDLC frameworks like: SCRUM, Kanban, Agile.
· Experience with automation, web deployment and engineering environment tools such as Mocha, Jasmine, JIRA, Github/Gitlab, Jenkins.
· Experience in testing applications on Cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) a plus.
· Experience working in distributed SOA environments including REST services.
· Experience in querying complex schemas and relational databases.
· Experience working in a within a DevOps model and continuous delivery model.
· Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA) a plus.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!