Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Senior Software Engineer, on the Compliance Engineering team, works with the DevOps team to build and maintain two custom applications to enhance the compliance engineering as a service strategy. The scalable methods, features and capabilities built by this team is leveraged by the technology enterprise comprising over 40 scrum teams. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and technical documentation; and as a senior position, provides technical mentoring to junior team members. The Senior Software Engineer collaborates and participates in technical design efforts, and is instrumental in ensuring accurate, innovative and low-defect software solutions.
• Create custom programs and applications designated by business need.
• Work closely with DevOps team and build pipeline inclusive of all compliance requirements to be compliant by design.
• Advocate for appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders.
• Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software.
• Work closely with Product Management and architects to translate business requirements into scalable, highly available tools.
• Implement Cloud and microservice best practices while adhering to standard architecture patterns.
• Develop microservice applications to support data management and control, implemented using appropriate technologies & frameworks.
• Drive the adoption of new technologies including containers, clustering, cloud computing, serverless and API.
• Follow Agile best practices and tools adopted by the team.
• Configure Development, QA and Production environments with proper packages and dependencies to enable implementation, working closely with DevOps and QA teams.
• Participate when needed in 24x7 application support schedule; some overnight/off hours shift-schedule support will be required during on-air rollouts, emergencies, and special broadcast events.
• Work with internal development teams to ensure operational needs are being appropriately met.
• Create custom programs and applications designated by business need.
• Define and document architecture, functional and design requirements.
• Develop formal technical specifications based upon requirements captured.
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverage best practices and support continuous product delivery.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design and code reviews.
• Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Provide software engineering expertise and support to the business per business needs.
• Coach, guide, mentor and teach team members with less experience.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of technical experience in software engineering
• Advanced Degree (such as a Master’s Degree or higher) in Software Engineering, Programming, Computer Science or related field
• Technology Certifications
• Experience working with IT systems, with a solid understanding of cloud technologies, network and storage systems
• Experience working with Unix/Linux environments for development, including package management and basic system administration
• Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming and functional programming languages
• Experience building containerized and serverless applications in Amazon Web Services using NodeJS or other modern languages
• Comfortable using Amazon Web Services (Step Functions, S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, CloudFormation)
• Experience setting up a Continuous Integration and Continuous Development pipeline using Jenkins, Nexus, Cloud Formation, Code Pipeline, etc
• Exposure to implementing ML/AI technologies
• Experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies for software development and project execution
• Familiarity with project tracking and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence (Wikis)
• Hands-on experience with:
• Familiarity with Lambda, Docker, containerization and microservices
• Familiarity and demonstrated completion of projects with Agile methodology
• Demonstrate a passion for learning new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
• Experience using Git code repository
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Demonstrated ability of a strong work ethic and of meeting project deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, collaborate team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Excellent presentation skills and basic knowledge of presentation software
• Awareness of Critical concepts in DevOps and Agile Principles
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!