Full Time | Boston | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Senior Software Engineer, as a member of the Dynamics 365 team, customizes, configures, and writes software that supports accessioning and order management in order to enable the FMI testing process for our patients. Specifically, the role designs, develops, and supports business processes and integration on FMI’s Dynamics 365 and Azure platforms. This position works with various languages and tools within an agile SDLC framework, acting both as a member of a large team and as the sole developer for a project. The role also provides support to less experienced software engineers.
· Lead the customization, configuration, and extension of FMI’s main business system, Dynamics 365.
· Develop formal technical specifications based upon requirements captured.
· Design, develop, test, document and deploy business solutions.
· Ensure scalability within the software build process.
· Collaborate with other technology teams to integrate with various FMI systems.
· Write and maintain formal technical procedures and documentation for the software developed.
· Maintain an agile and scrum environment to deliver new innovative products.
· Manage version control, change and continuous improvement protocols.
· Participate in and conduct regular peer design, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions.
· Mentor and develop junior software engineering and development team members by answering questions and maintaining established best coding and engineering practices.
· Ensure the maintainability and quality of the product code base by helping establish clear technical roadmaps geared toward reducing future technical debt.
· Provide individual hands-on developer contributions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 5+ years of technical experience in software engineering.
· Advanced Degree in software engineering, computer science, computer systems engineering, or related discipline.
· 5+ years of experience with developing on the Microsoft Dynamics platform.
· Expertise with Azure development.
· Experience with TypeScript.
· Experience writing unit tests as part of Test-Driven Development.
· Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline, specifically GitHub and Jenkins.
· Knowledge of healthcare and hospital environments.
· Technical experience in all aspects of software engineering.
· Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow.
· Interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving.
· Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy.
· Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Our Data and Tech teams are growing. Hear from the teams about why they chose Foundation Medicine and why they stay.
Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.