Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Senior Software Engineer helps lead the next generation of FoundationInsights, a browser-based interface to analyze FMI’s genomic data. This role is central to the future of Insights as we rebuild the product to meet expanding customer needs. This position collaborates with product management and other engineers to design & implement new functionality in the existing application. The Senior Software Engineer completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and generates technical documentation. Additionally, this role provides technical mentoring to junior team members, collaborates in technical design efforts, and is instrumental in ensuring accurate, innovative, and low-defect software solutions.
• Design & implement new functionality for FoundationInsights.
• Work with product management to define & deliver the future of FoundationInsights.
• Mentor and coach team members with less experience.
• Write, test, and refactor high quality software that is full stack, cloud-native, resilient, secure, and scalable.
• Provide leadership in:
• Drive engineering best practices in the team.
• Deliver contributions in an Agile approach and leveraging Agile methodology.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of professional software engineering experience OR 10+ year(s) of software engineering experience
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related concentration
• 8+ years of prior software engineering experience
• History of leading & mentoring less experienced software engineers
• Deep professional expertise with:
• Strong refactoring abilities and test automation skills
• Familiarity with:
• Prior life science industry experience, particularly in genomics or biotechnology
• Experience building and delivering Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions
• Demonstrated understanding of Agile software delivery
• Strong interpersonal skills including successful collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of CCPA, HITRUST, HIPAA, other regulations pertinent to data security, and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect Foundation Medicine’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!