The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
• Lead assigned team-wide initiatives, such as:
· Investigating design approaches;
· Prototyping new technologies; and,
· Evaluating technical feasibility.
• Develop FMI’s software; in particular, the CompBio Genomics Platform.
• Leverage technical expertise to support a culture of peer design, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions
• Establish clear technical roadmaps to ensure the maintainability and quality of the product’s code base while reducing technical debt.
• Write, test, and refactor high quality software and code that is reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well-commented.
• Maintain efforts for product or platform to be cloud-native, resilient, secure and scalable.
• Coach, guide, mentor, and teach team members with less experience.
• Drive efforts for assigned team’s adoption of established best engineering practices.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including, but not limited to, automating manual processes, optimizing product delivery, and redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability.
• Debug highly complex problems escalated by other team members.
• Communicate with applicable stakeholders to obtain information on requirements.
• Provide software engineering expertise and support per business needs.
• Deliver contributions in an Agile approach and leveraging Agile methodology.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of software engineering experience in lieu of a degree, AND
• 6+ year(s) of software engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience working with Python.
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Programming, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• Highly proficient in Python application development and package management
• 8+ years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience
• 3+ years of professional experience with the following:
· Building scalable backend services using Python: Flask, Gunicorn, SQLAlchemy
· Python source and dependency package management
· Leading the architecture and design of new and/or current systems
· Taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Developing, extended and orchestratinc containerized software stacks: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
· Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud platform
· Distributed event messaging systems such as AMQP, Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, Pulsar, or Kinesis
· Relational and NoSQL database technologies
· Java application development: Maven, Spring, Hibernate
· Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Functional Programming (FP) paradigms
· Distributed systems and both asynchronous and concurrent programming concepts
• Experience building and delivering Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions
• History of mentoring less experienced software engineers
• Experience in working with product management, other technical teams, users, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Prior life science industry experience, particularly in the genomics field
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow.
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of CCPA, HITRUST, HIPAA, other regulations pertinent to data security, and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.