The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Software Engineer – WebApps is part of a team responsible for developing human interfaces and machine integrations for our genomic profile results. The team builds web applications that enable global production operations on cloud-deployed systems and is responsible for web development, security, application packaging and deployment, scalable REST services, messaging, database modeling for computational biology, search, and case/order automation. The Senior Software Engineer completes the architectural design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and technical documentation, and handles ownership of code beyond deployment. The code developed for this role is to be reusable, testable, efficient, clean, and well commented. This engineer makes well-reasoned decisions understanding the trade-offs and provides support to less experienced Software Engineers.
• Lead investigation, analysis, design, and implementation of comprehensive solutions.
• Serve as subject matter expert in support of the product.
• Mentor intermediate team members and collaborators.
• Write, test, and refactor code that is reusable, testable, efficient, well architected, and well commented.
• Define and document architecture and formal technical specifications based upon information provided.
• Maintain efforts for product or platform to be resilient, cloud-native, secure, and scalable.
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverage best practice and support continuous product delivery.
• Ensure code adheres to patterns and any established standards.
• Participate in regular peer design and code reviews.
• Deliver contributions in an Agile approach and leveraging Agile methodology.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of software engineering experience in lieu of a degree, AND
• 6+ years of professional programming experience
• 8+ years of professional programming experience
• Genomics domain experience
• Experience with the following:
• Demonstrated history of test development
• Expertise across numerous problem domains and technical areas, with broad advanced skills
• Familiarity with Spring and Maven
• Understanding of Unix or Unix-like operating systems
• Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous deployment, and Agile concepts
• Understanding of HIPAA, patient data privacy, and regulated software engineering
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!