About the Job
The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager on the general ledger accounting team and is primarily responsible for providing support throughout the monthly financial statement close process. This individual will be expected to perform a variety of accounting tasks in an effective and efficient manner to ensure the Company’s financial records are accurate and the Company maintains compliance with internal and external financial reporting requirements.
• Prepare journal entries as required during the monthly close process for the general ledger accounting team.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to gather information needed to complete the monthly close process.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts and maintain documentation in cloud-based reconciliation software.
• Maintain ownership of Fixed Asset ledger and all associated processes.
• Collaborate with Accounts Payable team and provide oversight on their accounting related processes as needed.
• Manage lease accounting workbooks.
• Assist with submission of monthly financial results to parent company.
• Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting deck for executive team.
• Assist with maintenance of internal control framework and the associated documentation requirements.
• Assist in preparation for annual audits, including interacting with auditors.
• Assist with technical accounting research.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3+ years of experience in related Accounting roles
• Experience working in a detailed monthly close environment.
• Experience with ICFR audits.
• Experience with Fixed Assets.
• Strong PC Skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Dynamics GP.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS.
• Self-starter who will excel in a fast-paced, high-growth, and deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong work ethic and team player.
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information.
• Demonstrated organization and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor.
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy.
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.