Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Senior Systems Engineer provides independent advanced troubleshooting and system analysis for the Information Technology department and is responsible for ensuring that FMI operating systems and applications are running in optimal conditions for all users. The Systems Engineer maintains day-to-day Information Technology operations by providing support to members of the IT Operations Team on complex issues, while also building out the IT systems-related infrastructure.
• Conduct advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution for all production systems and services.
• Lead and design IT infrastructure systems as well as systems related to business-critical projects.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of escalated production systems and services.
• Conduct periodic maintenance of hardware and software updates to systems to ensure stable performance of the environment.
• Manage the day-to-day operations and availability of Foundation Medicine Windows, Linux, Virtualization, SaaS and Dell Isilon storage environments.
• Manage the Database Team in provision of backups as needed.
• Manage all teams with Patching for their servers.
• Complete security hardening and performance tuning of IT systems.
• Provide support and technical to members of the IT Operations team.
• Author and revise documentation of environment and operation procedures as needed.
• Provision IT systems.
• Provide technical mentorship to less experienced IT support desk staff, and technical assistance to members of the entire IT team.
• Provide best practice customer service to all users of the support desk.
• Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation on an as needed basis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in technology, science, engineering, or a related field
• 4+ years of professional information technology experience
• Proficiency in enterprise class Operating Systems Windows, Unix/Linux, and VMware
• Proficiency in enterprise class server hardware HP Proliant, Dell PowerEdge, and Cisco UCS
• A combination of the below certifications:
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or Expert
· Red Hat Certified System Administrator or Engineer
· VMware Professional or Advanced Professional
· Okta Certification
• Working knowledge of:
· Microsoft products such as but not limited to Active Directory (Design, Group Policy, PKI, LDAP), SQL Server, SCCM, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Azure AD)
· VMware Datacenter products such as vCenter Server, vSphere 4.x and 5.x, VMware HA, DRS, vMotion. VMware View, vCenter SRM, and vCenter Lab Manager
· cloud service providers (AWS and Azure)
• Experience with:
· NAS and SAN technologies (EMC, NetApp, IBM, Dell, HP, Hitachi)
· Mobile security/encryption technologies
· Installation, integration and deployment of Okta applications
• Record of outstanding customer service
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.