The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Technical Writer is a member of the Computational Biology group within R&D, contributing timely and high-quality software release documentation for the computational genomic analysis that powers FMI’s diagnostic tests. The role also facilitates adherence to FMI’s software development lifecycle (SDLC), coordinating closely with members of the Quality Assurance, Regulatory, and Technology departments regarding software releases, approval chains, document templates, and compliant content. Working closely with scientists, software engineers, program managers, the role will gain an in-depth understanding of the core product and its associated documents, incorporating feedback into the documentation set with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience developing and maintaining technical documentation
• Prior experience in the life sciences
• Prior experience with software for complex analytics (like DNA sequence analysis)
• Prior experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• Experience being part of a Technical Writing team
• A proven track record of successfully delivering succinct and easily understandable documents under tight deadlines
• Expertise in DocuSign and Jira
• Expertise in Microsoft Word, SharePoint, and Confluence
• Strong understanding of SDLC models, including Agile principles and practices
• Adaptable to rapidly changing environments and processes
• Thorough understanding of English grammar and technical publishing best practices
• Ability to:
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!