Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Service Desk Technician II will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of IT requests of the business by resolving issues with both computer hardware and software. The technician will respond to user inquiries, assess the issues and troubleshoot to resolve issues and requests. This high-visibility and high customer support position leverages technical and communication skills to provide effective customer service supporting basic employee and team IT system needs both online and in person.
• Provide first-line support for IT related services for employees and clinical lab.
• Perform onsite support and provide follow up to customers.
• Conducts initial level troubleshooting.
• Resolve immediate support requests once assigned.
• Ensure all calls and tickets are effectively managed and owned through resolution and closure.
• Monitor emails, ticket queues and channels as needed to ensure incidents are escalated in a timely fashion.
• Document resolution steps for closed tickets and notes for escalations.
• Provide immediate assistance to Service Desk and Delivery team during major incidents.
• Create and support user accounts.
• Complete new user laptop configuration setup and laptop imaging.
• Setup email on computers and mobile devices.
• Install printers and software on end user PCs.
• Support and troubleshoot system issues related to end-user IT equipment.
• Provide support on audio and visual equipment.
• Perform remote maintenance as needed.
• Provide peripherals and participate in office setups.
• Support and troubleshoot network and software issues.
• Contribute information and articles to be used in the Service Desk knowledgebase.
• Provide continuous improvement in the process and quality of operations.
• Provides high level of customer satisfaction via both On-Line support and Walk Up Helpdesk support.
• Scope of Control
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field with 2+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function, OR
• High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of experience in an IT support engineering function
• Microsoft certification(s)
• A+ certification
• Network+ certification
• Experience with Microsoft products with base levels of competency in Windows Operating systems and Office 365 products
• Experience working in a laboratory environment
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends
• Working knowledge and proficient understanding of:
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
• Ability to work well with people and strong communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and time management, with demonstrated history of these skills in scheduling and ticket documentation
• Strong customer service ethos
• Understanding of HIPAA, and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.