Full Time | Boston | Massachusetts | United States
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of experience in a QA automation and/or software development role
• Experience using open source tools like Git, Jenkins, or SonarQube
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent
• Understanding of REST and demonstrated experience with REST APIs testing and automation
• 4+ years of experience in a QA automation and/or software development role
• 3+ years of experience with a build automation technology (Travis, Jenkins, etc.)
• Demonstrable experience with a SQL-based database technology
· using open source tools like Git, Jenkins, or SonarQube
· with test automation tools and with process tools (Rally, JIRA, etc)
· working within an agile framework (for example, SCRUM ) and within a service-oriented enterprise architecture
· working in a government regulated environment
· Working with a CRM Platform (Dynamics, Salesforce, etc)
• Demonstrated analyze software problems/issues and provide technical feedback to engineers as well as track a potential automated solution for testing the scenario at hand
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Familiarity with a mainstream cloud service technology (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Previous teaching or technical training experience
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of business and proprietary information
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
• Develop automated tests and contribute to FMI’s automated framework.
• Analyze gaps in coverage that can be solved through automation.
• Modify and develop software test plans and programs.
• Work hand in hand with developers and engineers on integrating automation in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline (Jenkins).
• Maintain test result documentation for analysis.
• Review and evaluate test results to ensure functionality.
• Interface with team members and FMI technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes or corrective actions to facilitate more efficient and higher quality software or more effective testing.
• Create automated tests and test harnesses for the services across the CRM platform.
• Provide additional direct contributions towards the future state of test automation.
• Other duties pertinent to software engineering in test as periodically assigned.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Our Data and Tech teams are growing. Hear from the teams about why they chose Foundation Medicine and why they stay.
Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.