Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The SDET III engineer works with test leads and scrum teams to continuously bridge gaps in automation, functional and testing infrastructure across teams. This position is responsible for building processes to ensure high quality software releases and for usage of frameworks and tools to augment and implement automation tests. The incumbent works closely with the DevOps team to include automated tests and testing infrastructure into the DevOps pipeline. Additional responsibilities include integrating continuous automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, ensuring high quality software and working with product teams to promote Quality Engineering principles.
As a SDET III engineer, you will be part of a broader team focused on bringing quality into everything we do. You will be working with test leads and scrum teams to continuously bridge gaps in automation, functional and testing infrastructure across teams. You will be responsible for building processes to ensure high quality software releases and for usage of frameworks and tools to augment and implement automation tests. Additionally, you will be working closely with the DevOps team to include automated tests and testing infrastructure into the DevOps pipeline. Activities will include integrating continuous automated testing, the instantiation of automation scripts, and ensuring high quality software, and working with product teams to promote Quality Engineering principles. This function is of extreme importance in the community we serve as more efficient tools and a quicker turnaround time on results can drastically impact a patient’s treatment. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working within a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere.
• Perform gap analysis of current state of automation frameworks, functional testing process and testing infrastructure across products and strategize future state of automation framework with a roadmap.
• Write automated tests and test harness applications and services under test.
• Write and review test strategies, test plans and test cases based on the agile stories and/or product requirements.
• Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of FMI applications and products.
• Interact with SDETs, QA members and FMI technical leaders to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing.
• Perform tasks efficiently and work together with the team to ensure project success.
• Analyze and understand the current technology architecture, system interdependencies and application stacks.
• Work with Agile delivery teams to understand product vision and product backlogs; develop robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation tests for functional, regression and performance testing.
• Assist in creating acceptance criteria for user stories and generate a test automation backlog.
• Participate in design activities with the development team relating to testing of the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Implement, track, and report key metrics to assure full coverage of functional and non-functional requirements.
• Be responsible for creation and management of test data.
• Travel locally up to 10% of the time.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree AND 4+ years of professional software engineering experience OR 9+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Strong experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid and Cucumber
• Significant experience in quality assurance processes, software lifecycle, testing, planning, execution & defect tracking
• Hands-on experience with agile methodology (SCRUM etc.)
• Experience with:
· testing applications on Cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS)
· working in distributed SOA environments including REST services
· querying complex schemas and relational databases
· working within a DevOps model and continuous delivery model
· working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA)
· creating acceptance criteria for user stories and generating test automation backlog
• Demonstrated ability to programmatically test products, measure test coverage, develop best automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools, and drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product
• Proven knowledge of standard software quality assurance methodology, components, deliverables, and how these integrate within the software development lifecycle
• Knowledge with one or more automation libraries such as Selenium, Coded UI, etc.
• Knowledge with one or more .Net or Java based unit test frameworks, such as xUnit, MS Test, Junit or Test NG
• Knowledge of source control tool with preference for Perforce or GitLab
• Understanding of configuration management tools
• Well versed with automated testing frameworks
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!