Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Software Engineer I is broadly responsible for building and supporting the software applications and their components. The technical products which are developed by the incumbent filling this position help doctors match patients to more advanced treatment options. This position completes design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and development of technical documentation. Code created in this position is to be reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well commented.
• Create custom programs and applications designated by business need.
• Develop FMI’s software in use by the business; in particular, all Lab Systems software.
• Schedule cross-functional meetings with project managers, end users and other internal and external stakeholders at pre-set intervals to gather information for requirements.
• Define and document architecture, functional and design requirements.
• Develop formal technical specifications based upon requirements captured.
• Engineer installation qualifications and operational qualifications.
• Perform testing of code and work prior to implementation.
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverage best practices and support continuous product delivery.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design and code reviews.
• Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Design initiatives that ensure applications integrate seamlessly with other programs in-use at FMI, including Customer Relationship Management tools, Medical Reporting systems, Billing systems and the Laboratory Information Management System.
• Participate in, and periodically lead, scrum ceremonies.
• Provide software engineering expertise and support to the business per business needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree AND 1+ years of professional software engineering experience OR 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Experience in software engineering and development
• Experience writing code for cross-browser compatibility
• Experience with .NET and/or JAVA server-side programming and web development, including but not limited to:
• Familiarity with modern web technologies and techniques, including but not limited to:
• History with Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices and containerization/ containerized deployment of software
• Demonstrated ability building and delivering Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions for applications built on .NET and ReactJs platform
• Experience/Familiarity with REST API development and Writing unit tests
• Solid knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and SCSS
• Experience/Familiarity with:
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
• Understanding of Agile software delivery
• Excellent presentation skills and basic knowledge of presentation software
• Ability to work under regulated environment
• Ability to use source control effectively like GitHub
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor and adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: Patients, Innovation, Collaboration, and Passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!